Hosted by City Of Ekurhuleni and Soul City Athletics Club
• 21.1km T-shirt - First 1000 finishers
• 10km T-shirt - First 1000 finishers
• 5km Fun Run T-shirts First 500 entrants on race day
07 Dec 2014
Katlehong Sports Complex Masakhane Road, Katlehong
Online Start Date:
29 Oct 2014
Online End Date:
03 Dec 2014
Race Office Tel
(011) 999 1746 / (011) 999 0695
Distance & Entry Fee
Temporary Licenses R26
Temporary Licenses R21
5km Family Fun Run R10 ( Entries On Day Only)
Grandmasters Free– Proof Of Age To Be Provided
Entries Taken At The Start From 05:30
21.1km & 10km @07h00
5km Family Fun Run @ 07h10
Katlehong Sports Complex, Masakhane Road, Katlehong
GPS Coordinates: 26o 18’08.16”S / 28o 09’30.78”E
ENTRY POINTS FOR THE HALF MARATHON & 10KM ARE:
• Race office: Ekurhuleni Sport & Recreation Office, Germiston Stadium, Delville Road North, Germiston
• All Central Gauteng races from November 2014
• Sweatshop, Dunkeld West
• Flat double lap route ideal for fast time
• Last Half Marathon for 2014
• Great festive atmosphere
• Food and refreshments on sale at the start and finish
• Ample toilet and shower facilities
• All participants will qualify for lucky draw prizes.
• All lucky draw prizes will be handed out at the 21.1km prize giving at 10:00
• Participants must be present with their race number in order to qualify for the prizes
• Secure parking and safe route
• Cut of time – 3 hours
• Refreshment stations every 3km
• Walkers welcome
10km @ 08:30
• Gold: Prize money winners
• Silver: 21.1km – sub 90 minutes / 10km – sub 40 minutes
• Bronze: 21.1km first 1000 finishers / 10km first 1000 finishers
• Fun run – First 2000 finishers
1. The race is held under the rules of Athletics South Africa and Central Gauteng Athletics
2. Runners and walkers participate at their own risk.
3. Registered athletes must belong to a club affiliated to ASA and must wear club colours and their 2014 licence number on the back of their vests.
4. All runners must wear their issued race number on the front of their vests.
5. No runners under the age of 15 years on the day will be allowed to enter the 10km and 9 years for the Fun Run.
6. No runners under the age of 16 years on the day will be allowed to enter the 21.1km.
7. Runners without ID tags on front and back of vests will not qualify for an age group prize. Numerical age category ID tags must be visible on both front and back of vests.
8. No seconding allowed on the route. Ample refreshments stations will be provided on the route.
9. Runners indemnify the national, provincial and regional bodies, sponsors and organisers of the race against all / any action of whatever nature that may occur during the race.
10. Proof of age to be provided on day of the race.
11. All instructions given by traffic officers and marshals must be obeyed.
12. No blades, cycles, prams or mechanically operated devices will be allowed in the 21.1 and 10km races.
13. No wheelchair athletes will be allowed due to the nature of the route.
14. Temporary licensed athletes must wear plain clothing and the issued temporary license on the back of their clothing.
15. No pets will be allowed.
16. International athletes must provide a clearance letter to the referee in the event of them winning a prize.
17. Temporary licensed athletes are eligible for open and category prizes provided that they have the age category tags clearly visible.
18. No iPods, Walkman’s, or similar devices are allowed whilst participating
Race Office Tel:
(011) 999 1746 or (011) 999 0695
Pieter Lötter – 083 287 0492
Arnold Ravhutulu - 079 135 4566
Mathapelo Morema – 083 986 6376
I declare that I am medically fit to walk/run, and if I am under 18, my parent or legal guardian has signed to the effect that
I have permission to enter, and that I enter entirely at my own risk. I understand that the organisers/sponsors shall not be responsible for any injury, loss or damage as a consequence of my participating in this event directly or indirectly. I understand that my entry is subject to the organisers discretion and that after acceptance and in the event of cancellation the entry is not refundable.
From Johannesburg / Pretoria
1. Take N3 South Durban
2. Take R554 Heidelberg Road / Alberton off ramp
3. At robot turn left (R554 Springs)
4. At next robot turn right (M37 Katlehong)
5. At next robot turn right (Black Reef Road)
6. Katlehong Sports Complex on your right
From Boksburg / East Rand
1. Take N17 West (Toll road)
2. Take Wits Rifles Road off ramp
3. At robot turn left into Black Reef Road
4. Continue with Black Reef Road till Katlehong Sports Complex on your right