The 10km Walk is an official CGA walk race and walkers will be judged according the IAAF rules for walking. Complimentary T-shirts: The First 1000 online entries (all distances) will receive a complimentary event t-shirt. To be collected at Registration. Bring your old shoes! Shoe collection for disadvantaged runners.
30th Aug 2015
Online Start Date:
22nd Jun 2015
Online End Date:
20th Aug 2015
086 046 0906 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note! If you are opting to pay via EFT then you have missed the EFT cut off date for this event. Please kindly pay via credit card.
Distance & Entry Fee
Pre Entries(Closing 20 Aug 2015):
21.1km - R 79,00
21.1km Grand Masters 60+ - R 36,00
21.1km Great Grand Masters 70+ FREE - R 0,00
10km - R 68,00
10km Grand Masters 60+ - R 36,00
10km Great Grand Masters 70+ FREE - R 0,00
10km Walkers - R 68,00
10km Walkers Grand masters 60+ - R 36,00
10km Walkers Great Grand Masters 70+ FREE - R 0,00
5km - R 36,00
5km Grand Masters 60+ - R 36,00
10km Great Grand Masters 70+ - R 0,00
21.1km Grand Masters 60+ 07:00
21.1km Great Grand Masters 70+ FREE 07:00
10km Grand Masters 60+ 07:00
10km Great Grand Masters 70+ FREE 07:00
10km Walkers 07:10
10km Walkers Grand masters 60+ 07:10
10km Walkers Great Grand Masters 70+ FREE 07:10
5km Grand Masters 60+ 07:15
10km Great Grand Masters 70+ 07:15
Late Entries Prior and On Race Day:
1. At Finish Venue (Wanders Club, North Road, Illovo) 29 August: From 10h00 to 15h00. 30 August: From 05h30 to 06h45.
2. Collecting Of Race Numbers: All online entries must collect race numbers & temporary licence (if applicable) at the venue (Wanders Club) on the following registration dates: 29 August: From 10h00 to 15h00. 30 August: From 05h30 to 06h45.
3. The entry fee is non-refundable.
a. Wanderers club athletic members are obliged to help with marshalling.
b. Toilet facilities will be available at the venue and at the refreshment stations.
c. Fast foods and refreshments on sale at the venue.
Wanderers Club, North Road, Illovo. GPS Co-ordinates S 26 08, 123 E 28 03, 454
A scenic route combing a half marathon and 10km road race through Melrose and Birdhaven, taking in the tranquil surroundings of Melrose Bird Sanctuary and finishing in the ground of the wanders Club. The half marathon is a testing double lapper!
1. Marshals and traffic officials must be obeyed at all times. Failure to comply with their instructions will lead to immediate disqualification.
2. No seconding or vehicles on routes will be allowed. Sufficient refreshments stations will be provided on routes.
3. Regret no mechanically operated device, blade, cyclist, pram or wheel chair is permitted to participate in the race without special permission granted by the organisers.
4. No animals allowed in the race.
5. No earphones, iPod and the alike is allowed.
6. Refreshments stations will provide Coke and Water and water sachet. Do your bit to ensure that the race is litter free. Dispose your water sachets at the bin at the refreshments stations.
1. The time limits for all events will apply as stipulated under Race Information.
2. All entrants must be amateurs as defined under ASA rules and according to the age restrictions as stipulated under Race Information.
3. All entrants will participate under the rules of CGA and ASA and it is the athlete's responsibility to familiarize themselves with the rules.
4. It is the responsibility of each athlete to ensure that he or she is medically fit and healthy to participate in any of the events.
5. The race committee reserves the right to accept or reject any entry. The judge’s decision is final.
6. Proof of age and a copy of the ID must be presented on race day for athletes competing for category prizes.
7. Athletes must wear official numeric age category ID tags and "W" tags foe walkers on the front & back of the running vest & clearly visible.
8. Temporary licensed athletes are eligible for open and category prizes, provided they have the numeric age category tag clearly visible back and front of the running vest.
9. Athletes are only eligible for prize money for in the day they have entered.
10. Objections must be lodged in writing within 30 minutes (before or after) prize-giving to the chief referee, accompanied by R200 which is refundable if the appeal is upheld.
11. Blatant running by walkers will lead to immediate disqualification.
12. Walkers competing for prize money should not cover their knees, because it will lead to disqualification.
13. Foreign athletes must comply with IAAF Rule 4, par 2 regarding handing over their permits to the organiser.
1. All entrants for the 10km and 21.1km events must be in possession of a valid 2015 licence number which must be worn on the front & back of the running vest. The race number issued by the organizers must be worn on the front of the running vest.
1. Unlicensed athletes of the 21.1km and 10km must purchase a temporary licence number. This number must be worn on the back of the running vest and the race number issued by the organisers must be worn on the front of the running vest.
Age Categories (age on day of race)
1. Juniors: under 20 yrs.
2. Age group: between 40 and 49 yrs.
3. Age Group: between 50 and 59 yrs.
4. Age Group: between 60 and 69 yrs.
5. Age Group: 70 yrs. and older.
Prize Giving & Lucky Draw Prizes.
This will take place at the venue as stipulated under Race Information.
Results available at www.raceresults. co.za
Tog Bags (At owner's risk):
Tog bag facilities available at the venue.
Photographs will be taken by Jetline Action Photo and can be viewed after the event at www. jetlineactionphoto.com
086 046 0906
All Participants agree to and hereby bind themselves to the following indemnity:
I agree not to hold CGA and any sponsors, or any persons assisting in the organisation or holding of the event liable for any injury or illness, which I may suffer directly or indirectly as a result of participating in the event, or for any damage to my property or which I may suffer directly or indirectly as result of participating in the event.