Start in Zimbabwe - Finish in South Africa
R73 200,00 in Big Cash Prizes To Be Won
17th Musina Municipality Mayors Race
Presented by Soutpansberg Athletics Club
13 Sep 2014
Eric Louw High School, Irwin Street, Musina, Limpopo Province, South Africa.
Online Start Date:
28 Jul 2014
Online End Date:
31 Aug 2014
Ferreira / Priscilla
082 749 0413 / 084 749 5666
Distance & Entry Fee
42.2km R68.40 (Pre-Entries Only PASSPORT REQUIRED ON RACE DAY!!!)
Temp Licence R31
(Compulsory Free Transport Provided From Eric Louw High School To Start)
Start And Finish:
The 42.2km route starts in Zimbabwe and finishes at Eric Louw High School in Musina.
The 21.1km and 9km route start and also finishes at Eric Louw High School
Pre-Arranged Free Transport to the start of the 42.2km route
Four busses will transport athletes to the start. The busses will depart from Eric Louw High School. The busses will depart STRICTLY at 4:45. No private vehicles will be allowed at the start. LATE COMERS WILL NOT BE ACCOMMODATED
42KM PRE-ENTRIES ONLY: PASSPORT REQUIRED ON RACE DAY!!!
All athletes taking part in the 42,2 race MUST send a copy of their passport for border control purposes by not later than 31st August to (Fax): 086-616 1331 or (e-mail): firstname.lastname@example.org
Free transport by bus from the finish at Eric Louw High School to the strart in Zimbabwe. Busses will depart strichtly at 4h45 a.m. Athletes must present their passports when boarding the bus. No private vehicles will be allowed at the start.
Entries 21 & 10km
Pre-entries as above or line entries. Line entries will open at 04h30 a.m.
Start and finish: At Eric Louw High School
Prizes & Medals
Gold Medals: All category winners: 21km & 42km races
Bronze Medals: To all finishers: 9, 21km & 42km
NOTE: Banking particulars is needed for winners according to LIMA regulations
The prize giving will follow each race completed at Eric Louw High School
1. Athletes are to ensure that they enter in the correct age category
2. Apart from the open category, an athlete will not be eligible for any category prize, unless he / she is wearing an official age category tag prominently displayed on the front and back of the vest.
1. This race is run according to the rules of Athletics South Africa (ASA) and (LIMA)
2. Club colours and a 2014 licence number must be worn
3. Temporary licence numbers will be available for all distances at a cost of R25.00
4. No seconding permitted. Refreshment stations approximately every 3km
5. Only athletes 16 years and older may compete in the 21.1km. The minimum age for the 42.2km is 20 years and 9km is 15 years in accordance with ASA Rule 11.1
6. All category winners must wear the applicable ID tag, front & back. PROOF OF AGE REQUIRED
7. Event race numbers to be worn on the chest, clearly visible, and ASA licence or temporary licence numbers to be worn on the back. (ASA Rule 13.3.4)
8. Entry tables open on the morning of the race from 04:30am
9. Athletes must obey the instructions of traffic officials and marshals. Failure to do so could result in disqualification
10. Walkers are welcome on the 21.1km and 9km races
11. Cut-off time is at 11:30 when all marshals , traffic officials and water points will withdraw from the route
12. All athletes participate at their own risk.
Contact race organisers at email@example.com
for a list of available accommodation in and around Musina
Ferreira: +2782 749 0413 (SAC)
Priscilla: +2784 749 5666 (SAC)
M. Muleya +2677 265 8430
(Beitbridge Town Council)
P. Ncube +2677 292 3156
L. Ntuli +26 377 240 9373
(Zimbabwe Tourism Authority)