Women Only Trail Run Event in the most Beautiful part of South Africa, the Garden Route. It is called the Garden Route for a reason. Wilderness itself is a seaside town in the heart of the Garden Route, situated a short distance east of George, along the N2 at the bottom of the Kaaiman’s River Pass. It is known for its long white sandy beach and lagoons. The town experiences a mild climate with year-round rainfall and temperatures seldom drop below 10°C or rise above 28°C.
A FUN 2 Day Trail Run event strictly for Woman (and Girls) only. Running on the beautiful Indigenous hiking trails and along the coastline of the Garden Route National Park between George and Wilderness.
Only 200 Runners allowed. Enter with your friend or with your family. Special category for Mother and Daughter as well.
Start each day with a great Breakfast at Wilderness Hotel together as a group, run on the awesome indigenous well marked Trails for 2 days, get a well deserved massage, followed by a light lunch each day.
On Saturday evening we all finish the day together with a slide show, prize giving, dinner and FUN.
Final Prize Giving on Sunday after a GREAT run, before you head back to reality …
Date: 30 June to 1st July 2018 Venue: Wilderness Hotel, Wilderness, Garden Route, Western Cape
The Wilderness Hotel is about a 45-minute drive to both Mossel Bay (west) and Knysna (east). During its time Wilderness has played host to many a celebrity and was a stop-over point for Princess Elizabeth during the Royal visit to South Africa in the 1940’s. In the late 1930’s, the Hotel was the location for the meetings of an organisation that today has become known as South African Tourism. Event Format: Pairs and Solo’s Distances:
Day 1: 18km, Indigenous forests, jeep tracks, views of Garden Route Dam
Day 2: 16km, Coastline, indigenous forest, river trails, pontoon crossing, board walks Entry Fees: Includes Dinner Friday and Saturday evening and Lunch Sunday. All entries includes a 30 min Massage on Saturday. 200 entries allowed
Please note, strictly woman only event Transfer from George Airport: Please arrange your own transport from George Airport, there are quite a few Taxi services, we use Zeelie Taxis. We have also teamed up with CarTrip. Trail Girl 2 Day run, included in the entry fee:
– 2 day challenge in the unspoilt beauty of the Garden Route. Each day will be unique of spectacular trails through beautiful Indigenous Forests, Coastline and Mountains of the Garden Route.
– 2 Stages of pure trail running on well-marked routes in pristine areas that are usually not accessible to runners
– Unforgettable trail running along the scenic Garden Route Hiking Trails and Indigenous Forest
– Bus Transport to the start of Day 2
– Permission and Fees from Sanparks (R160 pp) and Cape Pine (R40pp) to use their area
– Events fees to Sanparks and Cape Pine for using their areas each day
– Dinner Saturday and Sunday
– Official Race apparel
– 30 minute Massage on Saturday after your run
– Goodie bag
– Setup of Race village which will include massages & entertainment
– Sweeper each day
– Well stocked water tables each day
– – Well stocked Bar and Restaurant where you can buy drinks
– 24 hour medical & emergency services on standby
– 24 hour security in the Hotel
– Free Prize giving lunch
– Decent Finishers medal
– Trophies winners; Lucky draws
– Generosity and the great atmosphere at Wilderness Hotel
– Professional Photographers on route; slide and video shows in the evenings Solo Entries:
Option 1 : Solo entry, no accommodation, including Dinner – R3000.
Option 2. Solo Entry, 2 nights single accommodation, all meals – R5200
Option 3 : Solo Entry, 2 nights sharing accommodation in Double room, all meals – R4600
Option 4 : Solo Entry, 2 night sharing accommodation in Quad room, all meals – R4500 Team Entries:
Option 5 : Team entry, no accommodation, including Dinner – R6000
Option 6: Team entry, 2 nights accommodation sharing in a double room, all meals – R9200
Option 7: Team entry, 2 nights accommodation sharing in a Quad room (two separate rooms), all meals -R9000 per Team Registration and Late Entries:
Pre-entries for the event will close on 7 June 2018. No late entries will be accepted.
Last update on this event: 15/05/2017
Event added: 07/05/2016