The inaugural event of the French Corner Run / Walk, in aid of ACVV Franschhoek, took place on 8 November 2014.
The results for the 2nd French Corner Run / Walk 2015:
1st – Willem Kaptein from Maties Athletics Club – 33:45:89
2nd – Allister Blaauw from Franschhoek Athletics Club – 35:22:25
3rd – Ayanda Matshini from Dwarsriver Athletic Club – 36:59:06
1st – Danette Smith from FNB – 42:55:94
2nd – Tanja Mackay-Davidson - 44:30:80
3rd – Steyntjie Prins from Paarl Athletic Club – 50:05:72
1st – Allister Blaauw – Franschhoek Athletic Club – 35:22:25
This year’s event is scheduled for 17 September.
There will be a 10km and 5km run/walk starting at 7:00. The event has the cooperation of the Stellenbosch Municipality which includes the traffic, fire and police departments. The Franschhoek Wine Valley Tourism also supports and endorses the event. It is envisaged to build this event into another exciting Franschhoek Festival.
The 10km route starts and finishes at the Huguenot Monument from where it meanders through the village with a loop through Groendal, then traverses the vineyards of Grande Provence, Dassenberg, Mont Rochelle and La Couronne. There is a challenging climb on Mont Rochelle and then respite for the runners with a lovely downhill run to the finish. The 10km Road Race starts at 07:00 and the 5km Fun Run / Walk at 07:15. Online registration closes on 13 September. Registration on the day of the race is between 06:00 and 06:45. Prize giving starts at 08:30.
10km Licensed Athletes R50 / 10 km Unlicensed Athletes R80 / 5km Fun Run R25
MEDALS AND PRICES
• Gold Medal - 1st Ten Male Athletes
• Gold Medal – 1st Ten Female Athletes
• Silver Medal – Next 50 athletes
• Bronze Medal – Rest of 10km finishers and 5km athletes
• MOO Award – Most Outrages Outfit
• Floating Trophy – Most finishers for School entries
• Floating Trophy – Most finishers for Corporate entries
PRICE MONEY FOR MEN AND WOMEN 10KM
AGE: 1ST 2ND 3RD
OPEN (20 – 39) R500 R300 R200
JUNIORS (16 – 19) R200 R100 R50
MASTERS (40 – 49) R200 R100 R50
MASTERS (50 – 59) R200 R100 R50
MASTERS (60+) R200 R100 R50
RULES AND RACE INFORMATION
1. Participants must obey instructions of marshals/traffic officers.
2. Runners must compete in official club colours and display unaltered license numbers, valid for 2016, on the front and back of running vest.
3. Participants will only be eligible for an age category price in the age category that they enter. Numerical age category tags must be worn on the front and back of vest.
4. Club colours must be worn to qualify for team prices.
5. Race entry cards must be worn for the entire race.
6. When you cross the finish line, you will receive a position card. Place this card with your entry card in the position board.
7. No assistance from a moving vehicle will be allowed.
8. Tog bag area will be provided at runners’ risk.
9. Race results will be sent to all clubs.
10. The event is organized by ACVV Franschhoek.
11. All proceeds from the event will go towards ACVV Franschhoek.
No event can grow or be successful without sponsorship. So far, wonderful support and financial aid has been received from many wine farms, local business and generous individuals. We would like to thank them all. This year we have a wonderful surprise. Lew Geffen Sotheby’s International Realty, decided to be the main sponsor for the 2016 event.
This is a wonderful event for team building, family fun, and brand exposure and product promotions and of course helping ACVV Franschhoek to improve the services that we render in our community.
The ACVV Franschhoek is a non-profit organization which has been committed to the promotion of and support for the quality of life of children, families and communities. Child welfare and protection is very important to us. The association’s services, resources and knowledge are available to all South Africans, irrespective of race, language, culture, religion or gender.
Event Website - Click Here