A limited number of swimmers will be allowed to enter, due to the ECO Environment.
Not to be disappointed ensure early entry
21 Feb 2015
Sterkfontein Dam Nature Reserve – Harrismith
Online Start Date:
05 Nov 2014
Online End Date:
18 Feb 2015
Contact Number: firstname.lastname@example.org
Distance & Entry Fee
Event 1A Ladies 14 & Over 5Km R150
Event 1B Men 14 & Over 5km R150
Event 2 Men 1500m R110
Event 3 Ladies 1500m R110
Event 4 Fun swim (500m) R50
Event 5A Ladies 11 & Over Bridgestone 3Km R130
Event 5B Men 11 & Over Bridgestone 3Km R130
Late Entry Fees (After Closing Date & On Race Day)
All late entries will carry a R50-00 Late entry fee per event.
Event 1A & B 08:00
Event 2 09:45
Event 3 10:45
Event 4 11:45
Event 5A & B 12:15
Prize giving will commence directly after the completion of the 3km event
All prize winner must be at prize giving to receive full prize package, if not only medal will be issued, all other gifts and possible prize money will be forfeited.
Conditions And Rules Of Swim
1. Entries will be accepted on the entry form, photocopy or on line entrytime.com
2. No post-dated cheques or postal orders will be accepted.
3. The event takes place irrespective of weather conditions, unless deemed unsafe by the organizers and safety officers on the day.
4. If event is cancelled before swim day due to conditions beyond the control of the organizers the cancellation will be posted on the open water web site entrytime.com.
5. No refunds will be paid out in the event of a cancellation. Monies received will be used to cover costs incurred.
6. It is the responsibility of the swimmer to ensure that he/she is medically fit to participate.
7. Swimmers compete at their own risk.
8. Swimmers will only be allowed to swim in the event determined by their age and gender.
9. Swimmers may not receive assistance other than lifesavers.
10. Swimmers must be able to finish the 500 m in 30 min, 1500m in 50min; 3Km in 1H30 & 5Km in 2H00 ; the organizers have the right to shall remove a swimmer from the water if deemed necessary.
11. All swimmers are required to wear identity tags issued by the organizers, finishing without a tag will lead to disqualification
12. Only swimming goggles, nose clips and swim caps will be allowed as swimming aids – NO wet suits or ANY other aids (power bands)
13. Swimmers not swimming the plotted course and or finish in the determined manner will be disqualified.
14. Any swimmers who fail to abide by these rules and conditions will be disqualified
15. Prize money: recipients must be present at prize giving for entitlement.
16. Proof of entry (fax or online) must be presented if not found on pre-entry list, failing to present, late entry fee will apply
17. All participants approve the taking and use of any photographs for promotional and publishing material, the organizers will not reveal any swimmers personal details.
18. FINA Swimwear rule applies on FINA events.
19. Right of admission reserved by the organisers.
DIRECTIONS TO STERKFONTEIN NATURE RESERVE:
From JHB N3 to DBN, go around Harrismith, take Bethlehem off ramp, and Turn right, R74 to Bergville. (DBN alternative route).
From DBN to JHB, at Harrismith take Bethlehem off ramp, take R74 to Bergville. (DBN alternative route).
Sterkfontein Dam Nature Reserve is 20Km from Harrismith.
NB: The road works have been stopped, allow extra travelling time±30min.
I have read the rules and conditions of the swim, I agree to them and also will not hold the organizers, nature reserve, sponsors or any person/s liable for personal or material injury / illness, loss or damage suffered by me/us or child of whom I am the parent/ guardian while at the event.