Enter Online And Collect Your Race Number At The Start On Race Day
10km Pre-Entry Only
This event is organised by Stellenbosch Athletic Club in accordance with the rules of ASA and Boland Athletics
26 Oct 2013
Beau Joubert Wine Estate
Online Start Date:
09 Aug 2013
Online End Date:
21 Oct 2013
Liana Maree / Resia Swart
083 556 1496 / 082 628 3393
Distance & Entry Fee
10km Farm Race R70
Temporary Licence R30
Start Time / Cut- off Time
Beau Joubert Wine Estate
Registration on race day at Beau Joubert Wine Estate: 06h00-07h30.
Medals For The First 300 Finishers and Prize Money As Follows:
King and Queen of the Hill:R150
Lots of spot prizes for all participants!
This is a challenging 10km route. The total elevation gain is more than 300 meters. The first km starts with a gentledownhill followed by a gentle uphill, all on tar. The remaining 9 km’s are run on farm roads and single track. There are 2 significant climbs. The first will start after the tar section for about 500 m to reach the first water table. Enjoy the 1km decent before the second climb that stretches over 2 km’s and ends at the 6 km mark. From here the route winds gently downhill to the finish. Enjoy the breathtaking views!
Rules And Information
1. This race is pre-entry only. Online entries close on Monday 21st October 2013.
2. Entries are limited to 300 athletes. Additional entries considered solely on organising committee’s discretion.
3. Tog bag facilities will be available.
4. Prize giving at 10h30.
* ONLY participants present at the prize giving will be eligible for prizes.
5. Athletes will only be eligible for an age category prize in the age category they enter. Athletes may enter the age category of their numerical age or younger down to the senior category. Wearing of corresponding age category tags on the front and back of running vest are compulsory to qualify for prizes.
6. Minimum age: 16 years.
7. King and Queen of the Hill will be awarded to the first male and female athletes to reach the top of the hill (as indicated on the maps at the start venue) and complete the race.
8. Athletes registered with an athletics club should run in club attire with licence numbers on front and back.
9. Runners participate at their own risk. All participants or their legal guardians need to sign an indemnity form at race registration.
10. The race route is run on private property that will only be open to athletes on the day of the race
11. Stellenbosch Farm Race is run on uneven terrain. Please note the route is NOT pram friendly.
12. The route will be marked approximately every kilometer.
13. Refreshment tables approximately every 3 km.
Liana Maree 083 556 1496
Resia Swart 082 628 3393
Stellenbosch Farm Race
The Stellenbosch Farm Race is run entirely on the roads of five picturesque wine estates on the outskirts of Stellenbosch. The race starts and finishes on the Beau Joubert Wine Estate. The route meanders through vineyards and indigenous forests of neighbouring farms Karibib, Skoonheid, Stirling and Jordan Wine Estate. At the top of the hill is an old signal canon dating back to the 1600’s. The first male and female athlete passing the canon will be crowned King and Queen of the Hill. The undulating course rewards runners with a 360° view of the Cape Peninsula. On a clear day Rooi Els, Cape Point, Somerset West, Stellenbosch and Table Mountain are all visible.