Sportsmans Warehouse Winning Starts Here
Birchwood Spur Voucher to: 1000 finishers in the 15km and 300 participants in the 5km
16 Nov 2014
East Rand Value Mall, Cnr Rietfontein & Madeley Road, Boksburg
Online Start Date
: 07 Aug 2014
Online End Date:
09 Nov 2014
: Race Office
011 917 3721 / Office Hours: 09:00 – 12:00
Distance & Entry Fee
15km (Juniors-Masters) R68.40
15km Grandmasters 60yrs+ R36
15km Great Grandmasters 70yrs+ / Blind Runners - FREE
Temporary Licence - R21
5km Fun Run - R20 (Entries On The Day Only)
Priziving for the 15km 08:00
Lucky Draw 08:15
East Rand Value Mall Cnr Rietfontein And Madeley Road, Boksburg
1. Participants must have a valid 2014 licence number or CGA temporary licence. Licensed participants must wear club colours and both licence numbers and be a member of a club affiliated to ASA.
2. Temporary licensed participants to wear plain clothing. No advertising allowed.
3. Race Number to be worn on top of 2014 licence number on front of vest. 2014 licence or CGA Temporary Licence number to be worn on back of vest.
4. Participants must be 15 years of age or older on race day.
5. An athlete is NOT eligible for a prize in more than one age category, ie. an athlete is only eligible for a prize in the age category applicable to him/her or the younger category chosen by him/her provided he/she is wearing the relevant age category tag. An athlete male or female who finishes the race in first to third position may, however, win his/her position prize as well as any applicable age category prize. Appropriate numerical age category tags (including Juniors) must be worn on the front and back of the vest by athletes competing for category prizes. Positive identification to verify proof of age must be provided to the referees, prior to prize giving, by all category winners. Prizes will be withheld until confirmed. Category winners to be present at prize giving.
6. The race is run in accordance with the rules of ASA and CGA. Athletes indemnify the national, provincial and regional bodies, sponsors and organisers of the race against all or any actions of whatsoever nature, whatever the same may be arising out of their participation in the event. Minimum age for Jnr. - 15 years on race day.
7. International athletes to provide clearance letter to referee in the event of winning a prize, as per IAAF Rule 4, Paragraph 2.
8. No seconding is allowed (stand and hand rule applies). No animals allowed
9. Regret no wheelchair athletes allowed. No blade, cyclist or mechanically operated devices allowed. No prams or strollers allowed in the 15km event.
10. Walkers welcome.
11. Cut off time of 2 hours 30 minutes. (08:30)
12. Marshalls, traffic officials and traffic rules must be obeyed at all times. Failure to comply with any official may lead to immediate disqualification.
13. Prizes will ONLY be awarded to athletes who have filled in all details on the tear off strip. (Athletes that pre-entered are responsible for filling in all details on race number tear off strip.)
14. No iPods, Walkmans, or similar devices are allowed whilst participating.
15. No refunds will be entered into.
16. Athletes participate at their own risk.
17. In the event of non-participation an entrant may not allow another runner to use his/her number without prior permission from the race organiser, which permission must be obtained at least 24 hours in advance.
18. Secure parking, tog bag area available. (PLEASE NOTE) whilst best care will be taken at the tog bag and parking area, Boksburg Athletic Club and their Sponsor will NOT be held liable for any losses.
19. Race results available at +/-3 weeks after race day.
20. On line entries to be collected on race day ONLY at ON-LINE ENTRY TABLE (Entrants MUST BRING a copy of entry and payment as proof).
21. Ample secure parking. 4 water points along the route.
Rules 5km Fun Run
1. Walkers welcome.
2. Regret no wheelchair athletes allowed. No blade, cyclist or mechanically operated devices allowed.
Prams and strollers allowed in the 5km Fun Run only.
3. Marshalls, traffic officials and traffic rules to be obeyed at all times. Failure to comply with any official may lead to immediate disqualification.
4. Participants indemnify the national, provincial and regional bodies, sponsors and organisers of the Fun Run against all and any action of whatsoever nature, whatever the same may be arising out of their participation in the fun run.
5. No iPods, Walkmans, or similar devices are allowed whilst participating.
6. No age restriction applies for the 5km, but parents entering children take full responsibility for the safety of their children.
7. No licence numbers are required for the 5km Fun run.
8.Athletes participate at their own risk.
9. Regrettably no animals allowed.
Medals / Prize Money
Gold medals to all category winners in the 15km
Medals to the first 1000 15km finishers on race day and the first 300 finishers in the 5km Fun Run
Prize Money 15km
Open Men and Womem 1st R500 2nd R300 3rd R200
Veteran Men and Women (40-49 yrs) 1st R300 2nd R200 3rd R100
Master Men and Women (50-59 yrs) 1st R200 2nd R100
Grand Master Man and Lady (60-69 yrs) 1st R100
G/G Master Manand Lady ( 70+ yrs) 1st R100
Junior Boy and Girl (15-19 yrs) 1st R100
*Lucky Draw Prize Galore*
Entries for the 15km and 5km Fun Run will be taken from 04h30 on race da
Sportsmans Warehouse East Rand Mall - Boksburg (011 823 3203)
Sportsmans Warehouse The Glen (011 435 3888)
Sportsmans Warehouse Parkmeadows (011 615 9932) - Next To Eastgate
Sportsmans Warehouse Greenstone Mall (011 802 8208)
From September 05, 2014 until November 09, 2014
Boksburg Athletic Club, Club Room 2, Boksburg City Stadium
From September 05, 2014 until November 13, 2014
Office Hours 09:00-12:00 Enquires Race office 011 917 3721
All competitors: I declare that I am a member of an amateur club affiliated to ASA and that I will abide by the rules of ASA and CGA. Athletes indemnify the national, provincial and regional bodies, sponsors and organisers of the race against all and any action of whatsoever nature, whatever the same may be arising out of their participation in the race.