START OF THE SPIER WINTER TRAIL SERIES
Come and join us at this classic venue with friends, family and colleagues! The Spier Wine Farm Kitchen will be open for these runs during winter. We also change the routes for each run.
Winter dates: Always on a Sunday morning @ 9h00. Never cancelled!
- 8 April [confirmed]
- 6 May
- 3 June
- 15 July
- 5km or 10km. Both are timed.
- 3km fun run/walk/jog. Not timed
The 5 and10km is a “trail run” not a “trail walk”, although we do understand that not everyone can run up hills. Rather enter for the 3km if you would like to walk. No dogs/pets allowed at the venue or on the trails please. Both the 5km and 10km is timed.
The 3km is a non timed walk/jog/fun run.
Registration and late-one-the-day entries from 7h30 – 8h40.
NO REGISTRATION or late entries AFTER 8h40.
Run briefing – 8h45 for all distances.
Entry fees: Please try and bring smaller notes or even better – the correct money if you late enter:-) It speed things up! Thank-you!
>3km – R30.00 pre entries. R40 for late entries.
>5KM – R 60.00pp for pre entries. R80 for late entries
>10km – R100.00 for pre entries. R120 for late entries
ONLINE ENTRIES CLOSE 2 DAYS PRIOR TO THE EVENT AT NOON.
PLEASE LEARN THE ETHOS OF REAL TRAIL RUNNING – CARRY WATER/BE SELF SUFFICIENT/CARRY A CELL PHONE/CARRY A RAIN JACKET IN CASE OF ADVERSE WEATHER.
Consider PRE ENTERING as it saves you money and saves you having to spend time standing in a queue on the day. It makes sense to pre enter:-)
Sign in and receive your race number at the registration table at the venue. The race number must be written on your forearm/hand please. Marshals will assist.
Lucky draws/spot prizes/prize giving: 10h30-ish
Categories: For 5km and 10km
*if you are already 16, you are then Male or Female Open
All prizes will be treated as “spot” prizes. You have to be present at prize giving if you want to be a contender.
Instead of handing out medals or bracelets, we donate the money to the “Sidewalk Specials” NPO. They are a non profit organisation that rescues, rehabilitate, sterilise and find homes for animals in need. They are in dire need of funds and they do amazing work! Go like them on FB and check them out on www.sidewalkspecials.org
Custom made, wood Coasters for the podium finishers.
Follow the parking signs when you enter Spier Estate.
– Any abusive language/rude behaviour is banned. Runners guilty of this will be disqualified and banned from future runs.
– Carry your own hydration, sufficient to sustain you for the duration of the run.
– Carry a cellular phone with the race organiser’s number saved on it – for emergency purposes only. 0826583078 – Ugene Nel
– No smoking at the race venue or on route.
– No spectators allowed on route.
– Runners may not interfere with the timing crew at the finish line during the event. The results will be posted on the web site.
– Pets are not allowed at these runs – sorry:-(