Rated amongst the TOP 10 10km races in SA
12 Feb 2014
Irene Campus ARC Centurion
Online Start Date:
10 Dec 2013
Online End Date:
10 Feb 2014
082 937 0733 / email@example.com
Distance & Entry Fee
10km Great Grand Master's 70yrs+ FREE
(However, temporary licence fee still applies)
Temporary Licence R36
5km Fun Run R36
Due to the popularity of this race, you can pre-enter until 10th February 2014
Numbers can be collected & entries done on 11th & 12th February 2014, 16:00 - 19:00 at the Irene Athletics Club Clubhouse
Entries can also be done on race day from 16:15 until 5 minutes before start of race
1. Both races will start promptly at 18:30
2. Registration starts at 16:30
3. Distance markers every 1km
4. Two water points on route
5. Refreshments on sale
6. Picnic areas available
7. The route is not suitable for wheelchair athletes
8. Results will be available on the internet
9. No unauthorized selling of goods will be allowed on the ARC grounds
10. No Dogs allowed
Prize giving will commence at 20:00
Spot prizes will be forfeited if the athlete is not present
Please note: Category winners who are not present at the prize giving will have to collect their prizes / medals at the office of IRENE ATHLETICS CLUB
First 10 men & women and winners of each category
Next 100 (excluding category winners)
Up until 3000 (balance to be posted)
Medals to all 5km fun run finishers
Including SPAR grocery hampers
1. All participate at their own risk by their entry, and indemnify the organisers and sponsors of any liability claims.
2. All participants in the 10km must wear a valid race number on the front and a valid 2014 licence number on the back. Non-registered athletes have to purchase a temporary licence. No licence required for the 5km.
3. The race will take place under the rules of ASA, AGN and IAAF and all participants must wear club colours during the race, except if participating with a temporary licence.
4. Marshalls and traffic officials must be obeyed at all times
5. No seconding is permitted.
6. Minimum age of 15 years on day of race for 10km
7. Category winners must provide proof of age to qualify for prizes (ID or other valid documentation)
8. No age restriction for the 5km.
9. Athletes competing for category prizes must wear official age category ID (front and back of vest).
10. Foreign athletes must observe IAAF rule 4 paragraph 2.
11. No ipods or listening devices allowed
12. Walkers competing for prizes money must wear Walker / W tags on front and back of vest
Cell: 082 937 0733
Complete Route Planning Guide on: www.irenerunner.co.za
Motorists are encouraged to use entrance no.2 and avoid the Main Road 4 way stop
JHB traffic can also use the route through Olifantsfontein