Protea Guineas Athletics Club.
31st Jul 2016
Online Entry Start Date: 04th Jul 2016
Online Entry End Date: 26th Jul 2016
Ndo / Abram
Contact Number: 063 146 1683 / 060 459 9777/
Distance & Entry Fee
Pre Entries(Closing 26 Jul 2016):
10km - R 91,00
5km Fun Run - R 46,00
5km Fun Run (Scholars Up To 12yrs Old) - R 26,00
Sizwe Shopping Centre, Cnr Impala Rd, & Protea Boulevard (opposite Protea Glen Mall) Protea Glen Soweto.
Race Number Collection & Late Entries:
At Sizwe Shopping Centre, Protea Glen, Soweto.
Fri 29th July & Sat 30th 2016 From: 10h00 - 17h00
Sun 12th July from 05h00 - 07h00
* Grand Grand Masters FREE (Entry On The Day Only)
* NB. Proof of age must be provided on race day if requested.
(Please Note That Fees Are Not Refundable)
1. No seconding or bicycles are allowed along the route.
2. We regret that athletes are not allowed to participate with pets
3. No blades, cycles, scooters or mechanically
4. No earphones allowed and contravention of IAA rule 144.2b, may lead to disqualification
5. No littering on route and anyone found to be littering may be disqualified.
6. All instructions from traffic & race officials/marshals must be obeyed at all times.
1. The race is held under the rules of ASA and CGA
2. Minimum age for the 10km race is 15 years on date of race.
3. All athletes must wear the race number provided on the front of their vests.
4. Licensed athletes must:
A) Belong to a club affiliated to ASA
B) Wear their club colours
C) Wear their 2016 ASA license number on the front & back of their vests or purchase a temporary license, with the race number worn on the front of the vest.
5. License athletes not wearing their club colours may face disqualification.
6. Unlicensed athletes must buy a temporary license on race Day and wear plain clothing with the temporary license on the back of their vest.
7. Numerical age category ID tags must be visible on both front and back of athletes competing for category
8. Proof of age to be produced on request on Race Day.
9. International athletes must provide clearance letters in the event of their winning a prize.
10. The official cut-off time is 11:30am (both 10km & 5km) thereafter all marshals & officials will be withdrawn from the
11. An athlete may not run in another athlete’s race number unless prior permission has been granted by the race organiser.
12 No athlete may participate in our race without buying and official entry and if found in contravention of this rule will be liable for all late entry penalties and habitual offenders will be reported to CCA and their respective club.
13. Objections must be lodged within 30 minutes before or after prize-giving in writing to the Chief Referee, accompanied by R300.00 which is refundable if the appeal is upheld.
14. The race organizer retains the right to refuse entry and eject persons under the influence of drugs or alcohol, who are disorderly, or engage in inappropriate behaviour, vandalism or evade paying for admissions.
15. Athletes who participate without buying a race entry will be disqualified, will not be entitled to any benefit associated with the race and will be liable for a double entry fee charge. Habitual offenders (those who regularly participate without purchasing a race entry) will be called to a CGA disciplinary.
16. No Refunds
063 146 1683 / 060 459 9777
All Participants agree to and hereby bind themselves to the following indemnity:
Runners participate at their own risk.
Athletics indemnify national, provincial, and regional bodies, sponsors and organisers of the race against all and any actions of whatsoever nature that may occur during the race.
I indemnify Protea Guineas Athletics Club, Central Gauteng athletics, ASA, the sponsorship and organiser from any lost, damage or death that may occur due to my participation on the event. I understand that I am amateur and fit to participate.