The first 4 000 entries (online or at running outlets) will receive a t-shirt at the end of the race.
Registration, Late Entries & Collection Of Race Numbers @ JHB ZOO
17th Sep from 12:00 - 15:00
18th Sep from 05:00
Event Date: 18th Sep 2016
Online Entry Start Date: 15th Jun 2016
Online Entry End Date: 12th Sep 2016
Contact: Saul Levin
Contact Number: 086 107 6259 / email@example.com
Distance & Entry Fee
Pre Entries (Closing 12 Sep 2016):
21.1km Run - R 110,00
21.1km Run Grand Masters 60+ - R 55,00
10km Run - R 88,00
10km Run Grand Masters 60+ - R 55,00
10km Walk - R 88,00
10km Walk Grand Masters 60+ - R 55,00
5km Fun Run / Walk - R 66,00
5km Fun Run / Walk Grand Masters 60+ - R 55,00
Race fee includes zoo entry on race day
Spectator zoo entry is R50, so bring along the family
Parking will be available at the War Memorial and the Saxonwold Primary School for R10.
Limited parking is available at Zoo Lake.
A portion of the race proceeds will be donated to the Johannesburg Zoo. Over R120 000 has
been donated to the zoo from the last five years.
To all finishers.
Runners who are with Vitality can receive their vitality points for the Sasfin Gerald Fox Memorial race. This will apply only for the online pre-entries.
07:00 for 10km & 21.1km
07:10 for 10km official race walkers
07:10 for 5km fun run
(New route, the start is outside the zoo)
New route, the start is outside the zoo.
1. No earphones, iPods and the like allowed and contravention of IAAF rule 144.2b, may lead to disqualification.
2. No blades, cyclist or mechanically operated devices allowed in race. Regrettably no
pets allowed. Foreign athletes to comply with rules of IAAF and any domestic rules.
3. No seconding allowed.
4. Marshals and Traffic Officers to be obeyed at all times.
1.The event is held under the rules of ASA and CGA. Athletes indemnify the national, provincial and regional bodies, sponsors and organisers of the race against any or all actions of whatsoever nature, whatever the same may arise out of their participation in the race.
2. All runners participate at their own risk. Athletes must be medically fit to participate and supply the name and contact number of their next of kin on both the race number and entry form.
3. No refunds.
4. The race organiser retains the right to refuse entry and eject persons under the influence of drugs or alcohol, who are disorderly, or engage in inappropriate behaviour.
5. Licenced athletes who do not wear their 2016 licence numbers must purchase a temporary licence on the day or face disqualification.
6. Athletes who participate without buying a race entry will be disqualified and habitual offenders will be called to a CGA disciplinary.
7. Registered athletes must be members of a club affiliated to ASA and wear club colours with race number on front of vest and 2016 licence number on back. Unlicensed runners must purchase a temporary licence. Temporary licensed athletes to wear plain clothing. No advertising. Numerical age ID tags to be worn visibly front and back. Proof of age to be produced on race day.
8. Runners in the 21km must be 16 years or older on race day. Runners in the 10km must be 15 years or older on race day. Category prize winners MUST be present at prize-giving.
9. Free entry to blind runners.
10. Walkers must please wear a W on the front and back of their vest to be eligible for prizes.
11. All details must be complete on race number to be eligible for prizes.
12. Disputes must be lodged in writing with the race referees either 30 mins prior or
30 mins after prize-giving.
13. A deposit of R200 must be paid to lodge a dispute.
14. Prize-giving to be held at 9:30.
14. Cut-off: 3.5 hours.
086 107 6259