" The Miracle Isn't That I have Finished. The Miracle Is That I Had The Courage To Start"
10 Aug 2014
42km Innesfree Park, Sandton - 21 & 10km Soweto Rugby Field
Online Start Date:
20 May 2014
Online End Date:
06 Aug 2014
Sandton To Soweto Marathon Race Office
073 944 2571 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Distance & Entry Fee
42.2km Grandmasters 60yrs+ R91.20
Temp Licence: Only Club Members
21.1km Grandmasters 60yrs+ R68.40
Temp Licence R26
10km Run / Walk R68.40
10km Run / Walk Grandmasters 60yrs+ R46
Temp Licence R21
Blind Runners: FREE
R46 return to 42km start and back after the race.
21 & 10km 7am
42km: Innesfree Park, Sandton
21 & 10km: Soweto Rugby Field
Soweto Rugby Field
Registration / Late Entries
Race Number Collections
Sandton – Troisport 4 / 5 / 6 August
Soweto – Orlando Community Hall 6 / 7 / 8 / 9 August
4 / 5 / 6 / 7/ 8 and on race day 10 August
1. Run in accordance with the rules of ASA and CGA.
2. Proof of age to be produced on request.
3. Marathon runners must be 20 years or older on race day.
4. Half Marathon runners must be 16 years or older on race day.
5. 10km road race runners must be 15 years or older on race day.
6. No seconding allowed, as there are ample watering points.
7. Registered athletes must be a member of a club affiliated to ASA, wear club colours and display their permanent licence on the front and back of their vest
8. International athletes must provide a clearance letter from their country of origin to the referee in the event of them winning a prize.
9. Temporary licence athletes must wear plain clothing. No temporary licences will be sold for the marathon.
10. The race number must be worn throughout the race on the front of the vest.Temporary licence number must be worn on the back of the vest.
11. Athlete must wear their age tags on the back and front of their vest, clearly visible.
12. Wheelchair athletes are welcome to participate in 10km run / walk road race only.
13. No rollerblades skateboard or cycling allowed on the route.
14. Regrettably, athletes are not allowed to participate with pets.
15. Walkers competing for prize money must wear short pants. Any long pants covering the knees will lead to disqualification.
16. No refunds.
17. All participants participate at their own risk.
18. Walker compeeting for prize money must wear WALKER / W Tags on the front and back of their vest.
19 Athletes must comply with ASA domicile rules
20 All foreign athletes must comply with the rules of IAAF and ASA rules 1142.2 and 4.2.
21 All traffic officers and marshals and officials instructions to be obeyed.
22. Athletes are only eligible for prizes if all info on the tear-offslip is completed
23. Winners to present certified copy of ID, banking details and birth cerh8623;ficate
24. Athletes must lodge a complaint in writing within 30 minutes of being notified together with R200 which is refundable if the appeal is upheld.
25. The organizers reserve the right to accept or reject any entry.
26. Earphones: In contravention of IAAF 144.2b may lead to disqualification, excluding hearing aid devices.
27. Pre-entries only for the marathon and half marathon.
28. Entries for 10km race will be accepted on race day.
29. Official Timing Chip must be attached to the shoe or as per instruction. CHIPS compulsory for 42km
30. Winners to present banking details and ID copy on race day.
31. Results on race website Tuesday after the race.
32. Cut-offtime (marathon and half marathon): 11h30
32. Prize giving ceremony at 10am.
Sandton To Soweto Marathon Race Office:
Orlando Communal Hall, 129 Adam Street, Orlando East, Soweto
Contact us :
Sibongile (078 445 0249) or Jo (073 944 2571)
086 664 4029
Follow Us On
I warrant that all information supplied by me is true and correct and I, the below signed, intending to be legally bound, for myself, my heirs, my executors and administrators, waive and release and any all rights and claims for damages I may have against the race, and sponsors and their representatives, successors and assigns for any and all injuries suffered by me in said event. I attest that I will participate in this event as a footrace, that I am physically fit and sufficiently trained for the completion of this event. Furthermore, I hereby grant full permission to use my name and likeliness, as well as any photographs and any record of this event in which I may appear for any legitimate purpose, including advertising and promotion.
Hand Delivered Entries – Germiston Stadium 011 873 2726 – Orlando Communal Hall 073 944 2571
Faxed – Download, complete, bank deposit – fax form with proof of payment to 086 664 4029
Email – Scan and email form with proof of payment to: email@example.com