Champagne And Crayfish To The First Man And First Woman To The Top Of Red Hill Who Completes Either Race
18 Jan 2014
Fish Hoek Athletic Club
Online Start Date:
04 Dec 2013
Online End Date:
12 Jan 2014
FHAC Race Office
Contact Number: email@example.com
/ 082 799 6785 / 021 785 2581
Distance & Entry Fee
42.2km - Licensed Athletes R112
42.2 km - Unlicensed Athletes R156.80
36.2 km - Licensed Athletes R112
36.2 km - Unlicensed Athletes R156.80
Free entry to all Great Grandmasters (70+) - Proof of age may be required
Bay Primary Scholl 5km Fun Run at 7am
021 782 2065 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Medals To First 500 Finishers
(Cut-off at 27 / 33km mark is 4 hours 20 mins. Official cut-off for both races is 5 hours)
Number Collection / Late Entries
Thursday 16th January: Sportsmans Warehouse Tokai: 15h00 - 18h00
Friday 17th January: Fish Hoek Athletic Club: From 18h00 - 21h00
Saturday 18th January: Fish Hoek Athletic Club: From 05h00 - 05h45
The first 1500 runners to cross the finish line within 5 hours receive medals.
Gold Medals to first 5 Men and first 5 Women in each race.
Silver to the next 10 runners in each race.
Bronze to the balance of the field
Both races will proceed from Fish Hoek AC, through Sun Valley, along Kommetjie Road to Kommetjie, up Slangkop, through Misty Cliffs and Scarborough to the Perdekloof intersection.
The 36.2 km Classic will fork to the left up Red Hill. The Marathon will fork to the right and do a 6 km loop towards Cape Point returning to the Perdekloof intersection where it re-joins the Classic up Red Hill. Both races are then run over Red Hill, down towards Simonstown Main Road and back through Glencairn and Fish Hoek before returning to FHAC.
If qualifying for a permanent number in this year’s race (after completing 9 Red Hills), please send us a note to be received by 10 January 2014, listing your name, address, telephone, club and the years and approximate finishing times. No application for permanent numbers will be considered on the day.
The address is FISH HOEK ATHLETIC CLUB, PO BOX 22059, FISH HOEK, 7975
or email email@example.com
General Rules And Information
Run in accordance with the rules and regulations and under the auspices of ASA and WPA.
1. Medals to first 1500 runners to finish in sub 5 hours.
2. Cut off for both races is 5 hours. All runners must be off the road by 11h00.
3. Prize giving for both races will start at 11h10.
4. The 42.2km Marathon is a qualifier for the 2014 Two Oceans and Comrades if completed within the qualifying time.
5. Free entry to all Great Grandmasters (70+) - proof of age may be required.
6. Open to all athletes 20 years and older on race day.
7. Tog bag security will be available at own risk.
8. Runners must be present at prize-giving for any spot prizes.
9. There will be different coloured race numbers for each race. The marshals at the Perdekloof intersection and at the Finish will direct the runner along the applicable route/Finish tunnel in accordance with the colour of their race number.
10. All runners undertake to participate at their own risk and the sponsors and organisers will not accept any liability for any injury, illness or accident occurring during or as a result of the race.
11. All participants must wear the allocated race number on the front and a valid 2014 permanent or temporary licence number on the back of their vests.
12. In addition to overall (Open) prizes, participants will only be eligible for an age category prize in the age category they enter.Corresponding numerical age category tags must be worn on the front and back of runner’s club vest. Participants may enter the age category corresponding to their chronological age or any younger category down to senior.
13. Temporary licensed participants are eligible for age category prizes provided they enter the relevant age group, wear appropriate age tags and provide proof of age.
14. Full club colours are to be worn to be eligible for team prize.
15. Participants must be in possession of FHAC stamped race entry cards at all times and medals will only be issued on presentation of the entry card on completion of the race.
16. All athletes to run on the right hand side of the road unless otherwise directed by marshals or traffic officials.
17. For safety reasons the use of personal music players during road races is strongly discouraged. Any person using such device in contravention of IAAF Rule 144.2b who fails to obey a reasonable instruction from a race official may be disqualified and shall not be eligible for individual or team prizes.
18. The instructions of traffic officers and marshals must be obeyed at all times.
19.No personal seconding will be permitted, except at official refreshment stations.
Any runner guilty of tossing cups or water sachets anywhere else but on a tarred road may be disqualified. If rubbish bins are out of reach, then please assist us by carrying empty sachets and cups to the next water point.
FHAC Race Office:
082 799 6785
021 785 2581
(After 6pm Wed/ Fri)