Come and take part in the 5th running of the Dave Spence Memorial Run- the event commemorates one of the local coaching heroes, Dave Spence. The race is organised by the RCS Gugs Running Club and the JAG foundation is the official beneficiary of the race, which takes part on Sunday 6th July 2014.
Runners can choose to participate in a 10km race, or a 4.2km fun run.
06 Jul 2014
: NY49 Stadium Gugulethu
Online Start Date:
22 May 2014
Online End Date:
02 Jul 2014
084 650 8785
Distance & Entry Fee
Senior Licensed Runner R41
Senior Non Licensed Runner R62.70
Junior Licensed Runner R26
Non License Junior R36
4.2km Fun Run
Entries will be accepted at the start from 06H45 - 07H15
First 1000 finishers will get medals in the 10km
In accordance with the rules of ASA & WPA
1. Minimum age on race day is 15 years
2. Participants must obey instructions of marshals/ traffic officers
3. Licensed athletes should compete in official club colours and must display unaltered licence numbers, valid for 2014, on the front and back of running vests. Unliscenced athletes must wear clothing without advertising and the temporary licence on the chest.
4. In addition to Overall (Open) prizes, participants will only be eligible for an age category prize in the age category they enter. Corresponding numerical age category tags must be worn on the front and back of their club vest. Participants may enter the age category corresponding to their chronological age or any younger category down to senior.
5. Temporary licensed participants are eligible for age category prizes provided they enter the relevant age groups, wear the appropriate age tag and provide proof of age.
6. Juniors (born 1995 or later) wearing a senior or junior license number must display the age category tags (‘J’) to qualify for age category prize. Juniors will count towards ‘Open team’ prizes’
7. Club colours must be worn to qualify for team prizes.
8. Entry cards must be worn for the duration of the race. Any participant not able to produce an entry card when asked to do so by a race official may be disqualified
9. No personal seconding allowed, except at official refreshment stations
10. The organisers accept no responsibility for any accident or injury resulting from participation at this event
11. Any ruling by the race committee will be considered final
12. Entries will be accepted at the start from 06H45- 07H15.
13. Prize giving ceremony at 09H10 which include spot prizes. Cut off time is 09H10
14. Tog bag area provided at runner’s own risk
15. Race results will be sent to all Western Province Clubs
Fun Run Rules
16. Participants younger than 10 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
17. No Race numbers will be issued.
18. For safety reasons the use of personal music players during road races is strongly discouraged. Any person using such device in contravention of IAAF Rule 144.2b who fails to obey a reasonable instruction from a race official may be disqualified and shall not be eligible for individual or team prizes.