Organised by Roodepoort Athletic Club, including 5Km Fun Run
29 Jun 2014
Northgate Shopping Centre at entrance 4
Online Start Date:
15 Apr 2014
Online End Date:
25 Jun 2014
Charlie Herselman / Steven Morrison
082 770 1143 / 078 939 1354
Distance & Entry Fee
10km Grandmaster 60yrs+ R16
Temporary Licence R26
5km Fun Run R26
5km Fun Run Grandmaster 60yrs+ R16
5km Fun Run 07:30
Northgate Shopping Centre,
Race will start at entrance 4
Parking at entrance 3,4 and 5
At the start from 06h00
Earn 750 points for the 5km Race and 1250 points for the 10km Race
Once you have completed the event all you need to do is log onto wwwdiscovery.co.za
Go to VITALITY and claim your points through OUTDOOR SPORTING EVENMTS
* Safe tog bag area
* No licence necessary for Fun Run
* Results will be available on Internet: www.roodepoortac.ca.za and www.racersults.co.za
* Prizegiving will be at 09h00
* Breakfast and coffee can be purchased at Wimpy
* T-shirts To First 1700 Entries - 10km / 300 Entries 5km
Silver Medals to the first 1700 finishers of the 10km Race and 300 for the Fun Run at the finish, the rest will be posted
SEE YOU THERE!
The race is run in accordance with the rules of ASA and CGA. Athletes indemnity the national, provincial and regional bodies, sponsors and organisers of the race against all and any actions of whatsoever nature whatever same may be arising out of their participation in the race.
1. One-lap course
2. Two refreshment stations
3. Distance markers every kilometre
4. No seconding allowed
5. Registered athletes must be a member of a club affiliated to ASA and wear club colours and two 2014 licence numbers (back and front.)
6. Temporary licensed athletes must wear the two issued temporary licences (back and front) and plain clothing.
7. Athletes must be at least 15 years old on the day of the race.
8. Numerical age category ID tags must be worn on the back and front of vest by athletes competing for a category prize.
9. Proof of age must be provided to race officials on the day of the race if required.
10. No cut-off time
11. Regretfully no wheelchairs allowed
12. 2, 3 or 4 wheel carts/prams which are mechanically or manually operated by participants, will not be permitted to participate without the special permission of the race organizers and traffic authorities.
13. Athletes will be eligible to win an open prize plus a prize for the age category that they are participating in.
14. No athlete can qualify for any prize unless wearing a licence or temporary licence.
15. Walkers welcome
16. Athletes not allowed to participate with pets.
17. International athletes must provide a clearance letter from their Country of origin to the referee in the event of them winning a prize.
18. Athletes are only eligible for prizes if they fill in the race sticker comprehensively.