Qualifier: Old Mutual Two Oceans Marathon / Comrades Marathon
42.2km Runner / Walker
21.1km Runner / Walkers
Once a Buff always a Buff!
01 Mar 2014
3km on the Stutterheim side of Macleantown
Online Start Date:
12 Dec 2013
Online End Date:
24 Feb 2014
071 074 8022
Distance & Entry Fee
42.2km Run / Walk R102.60
21.1km Run / Walk R68.40
Temp Lic R21
Marathon : 05H30 (buses will leave Buffs Club @ 04H00)
Marathon Walk : 04H30. (No bus)
Walkers need to arrange own transport and to note that there are no seconding tables for the 1st hour and therefore need to be self sufficient for this time.
21km Run & Walk : 06H30 @ the marathon halfway. (buses will leave Buffs Club @ 05H30)
The marathon starts 3km on the Stutterheim side of Macleantown
21km starts at the marathon halfway and both end at the Buffs Club House.
All entrants must collect their race tickets and temporary numbers from the registration tables at the Buffalo Club between 15H00 and 20H00 on Friday 28th February and not at the start.
NO ENTRIES AT REGISTRATION.
1. Secure parking will be provided at the finish.
2. There will be a 6 Hour 30 min cut off time. Cut off will be after 5 Hours at the N6 circle ( +- 32 KM)
3. Gold, Silver and Bronze Medals to category winners only.
4. Pasta supper available at the Buffalo Club on Friday from 17H00 - 22H00.
Mens 2:14:15 (1985)
Womens 2:48:35 (2005)
To earn a T shirt this year, you will as a runner need to finish in the top 550 in the marathon or top 120 in the half.
Walkers top 10 in the marathon and top 25 in the half
Race And Instructions
1. All participants must be 18 years or older for the marathon.
2. The marathon starts 3km on the Stutterheim side of Macleantown, the 21km starts at the marathon halfway and both end at the Buffs Club House.
3. No animals are allowed on the course. Runners WILL be disqualified and removed from course for breach of this rule.
4. Monies not refundable for non-participation in the event for whatever reason. Monies not refundable for late faxed entries.
5. Results can be viewed at our race website: http://www.buffsclub.co.za/running
6. Prize giving will be at approximately 11H30.
7. Temporary licences will only be distributed at the club for R15.00 each between 15H00 and 20H00 on Friday 28th February and not at the start.
8. Entries may be faxed to 086 6401 110 together with proof of payment closing 24th February 2014.
9. Entries at Sportsman’s Warehouse close at 13H00 on 24th February 2014.
10. Online entries close at midnight on 24th February 2014.
11. The marathon is a qualifier for Two Oceans and Comrades Ultra Marathons.
12. Walkers must wear the correct “walker” identification tags on the front and rear of their vests and these must be clearly visible.
13. All participants must wear the following:
a) Their correct club colours
b) Age category flashes on front & back of vest to qualify for category prizes.
c) 2014 Provincial licence number on front & back of vest.
14. The race is run in strict accordance with the rules of the IAAF, Athletics South Africa and BCMA.
15. There will be lucky draw prizes and participants must have entered the event and be present at the prize-giving for these prizes.
16. All entrants must collect their race tickets and temporary numbers from the registration tables at the Buffalo Club between 15H00 and 20H00 on Friday 28th February and not at the start. NO ENTRIES AT REGISTRATION.
17. Seconding tables are provided. Personal seconding is ony allowed 100m either side of the tables.
18. No queries will be attended to on race day.
19. Licensed athletes are covered by insurance. Refer to BCMA on 043 722 2427 for further details.
20. All foreign athletes must comply with IAAF rule 4 paragraph 2, and rule 14
I am medically fit to run / walk and fully understand that I enter this event at my own risk and the organisers and their sponsors will not be held responsible for any injury during or as a result of the event or for any loss or damage to property on the course or Buffalo Club property. This event is run in accordance with the rules of the IAAF, Athletics South Africa and Border City Metro Athletics. All foreign athletes must comply with IAAF rule 4 paragraph 2, and rule 142.