21km Winner Takes Home R21 000
This initiative is MTN's employee volunteerism programme.
Proceeds from the race will go towards ICT in education
07 Jun 2014
14th Ave MTN Innovation Centre, Fairland, Johannesburg
Online Start Date:
08 May 2014
Online End Date:
02 Jun 2014
011 844 0410
Distance & Entry Fee
5km Fun Run R40
Temporary License 21.1km R20
Temporary License 10km R15
5km Fun Run 07:30
The race starts at 216, 14th Ave MTN Innovation Centre, and finishes at MTN, 14th Ave
Race Number Collection: At MTN Innovation Centre Fairland
• Thursday 5th June @ 9:00am - 18h00
• Friday 6th June @ 9:00am - 18h00
From 04h00 on the day of the race, Safe tog bag area , Unlicensed athletes for the 21,1km and 10km must purchase a temporary license number and must be included with the entry fee.
. Prize giving will be at 10h30
. Online entries close 2nd June @ 24:00
. All athletes to respect and obey all officials and marshals assisting on the day of the MTN marathon - 7th June 2014
. All athletes should complete an Indemnity form in order to be part of the race
. Results will be available on Internet
. Enquiries: www.mtnsafoundation.co.za and www.raceresults.co.za
. First 4000 Pre Entries Will Receive Goodie Bags
The race is run in accordance with the rules of ASA and CGA. Athletes indemnify the national, provincial and regional bodies, sponsors and organizers of the race against all and any actions of whatsoever nature.
1. Race will be held under the rules of Athletics South Africa and Central Gauteng Athletics.
2. Runners and walkers participate at their own risk.
3. One-lap course.
4. Water points every 3km.
5. Distance markers every kilometer.
6. No seconding allowed.
7. Temporary licenses will be on sale - additional R20.
8. Registered athletes must be a member of a club affiliated to ASA and wear club colours and a 2014 license number on the front of the vest.
9. Athletes must be at least 15 years or older on the day of the race to enter for 10km and 21km.
- There is no age restriction for 5km fun run.
10. Numerical age category ID tags must be worn on the back and front of the vest by athletes competing for a category prize.
11. Proof of age must be provided to race officials on the day of the race if required.
12. No cut-off time.
13. Regretfully no athletes on wheelchairs will be allowed due to the nature of the route.
14. 2, 3 or 4 wheel carts/prams which are mechanically or manually operated by participants will not be permitted to participate without the special permission of the race organizers and traffic authorities.
15. Athletes will be eligible to win an open prize plus a prize for the age category that they are participating in.
16. No athlete can qualify for any prize unless wearing a license or temporary license.
17. No pets will be allowed to participate with their owners.
18. International athletes must provide a clearance letter from their country of origin to the referee in the event of their winning a prize.
19. Athletes are only eligible for prizes if they fill in the race sticker comprehensively.
20. Parents to take responsibility for their children at the play area.
21. The pictures taken at the MTN Marathon may be utilized for marketing purposes
011 844 0410
I declare that I am medically fit to walk / run, and if I am under 18, my parent or legal guardian has signed to the effect that I have permission to enter, and that I enter entirely at my own risk. I understand that I enter entirely at my own risk, I understand that the organizers/ sponsors shall not be responsible for any injury, loss or damage as a consequence of my participating in this event directly or indirectly. I understand that my entry is subject to the organizers discretion and that after acceptance and in the event of cancellation the entry fee is not refundable.
Pre-entries (CGA & AGN)
Sweat Shop Dunkled, Jan Smuts Avenue 011 325 2567
Sweat Shop Fourways, Fourways Crossing 011 467 5966
Sweat Shop Southdowns, Irene 012 665 0048
Run-A-Way Sports, Lynnwood Road, Pretoria 012 361 3738
Randburg Runner, Cnr 4th/5th Ave, Linden 011 888 9644
Bedford Runner, Van Buuren Road, Bedfordview 011 450 184
CGA Office, Germiston Stadium from 04 May To 03 June 2014