Cycling through Namaqualand at the peak of the flowering season is a truly breathtaking trip – and the best way of experiencing the wonder of flowers in this semi-desert region. Many of the plant species found in Namaqualand are endemic and found nowhere else in the world. Visit places like Namaqua Nature Reserve, with its unique orange daisies, the cultural villages of Leliefontein and Nourivier to Garies. Walk the Kamies Mountains - into the “Knersvlakte” with its unique succulents to finish in the Cedarberg Mountains with its weird, but beautiful rock formations.
- The distance per day is cycled in 30 – 45 km stretches, with safari style rest breaks in the veldt, or an interesting cultural or historical stop along the way.
- You meet the locals, eat their food and learn about their history.
- Cycling is done on gravel roads
- Accommodation is mostly on guest farms
- A support vehicle and team are there to assist you throughout the day.
Last update on this event: 02/07/2017
Event added: 02/07/2017