Scope of event
The Molweni Trail Run:
The event consists of 2 consecutive days of trail running over different trails within the Krantzkloof
Nature Reserve, extending into the Molweni Township.
It is agreed:
That on completion of the event the protected area shall be free of pollutants, litter or signs of the sporting event and fully rehabilitated except in areas specifically designated otherwise.
The event will be undertaken in a manner that minimizes negative impact on the environment and will strive to find solutions that add to the sustainability of the protected area. This EMP is in place to outline the means, methods & manner in which this will be achieved, including monitoring & auditing throughout the event by KZN Ezemvelo Wildlife.
Located on the coastal escarpment to the west of Durban between the towns of Pinetown and Hillcrest. The Krantzkloof Nature Reserve (KKNR) is 584 ha in extent and is covered by
dense coastal forest and grasslands above the deep gorges carved out by the Molweni and Nqutu Rivers. There are two view sites and three trails.
The KKNR’ s breathtaking scenery is the result of deep incisions of the Molweni and Nqutu Rivers – tributaries of the Umgeni – into the Kloof plateau.
Route may have variations:
The local population of the Molweni Township is estimated at 3000. The goal of the event is to incorporate as many members of the community as possible into the project. This includes:
1. Community involvement through St Agnes Church programme, providing all the “goodie” bags. Project managed by Linda Norton.
2. Beaded artwork for trophies to be purchased from Thokozani (0842786097) & Dumisilie (0728339689).
3. Funds generated directly into the community +/- R7500
Two athletes from the Inanda Athletics Club included in the field (sponsored by Salomon).
Funds generated from the event will be contributed back to the community through Foundation managed projects in a sustainable and managed manner.
Presenting rights including name associated with logo & event name on all occasions. 60% of
area on branding opportunities. (Salomon)
Rights to area of product supply. Maximum of 4 product sponsors, each with rights to 10% of
area on branding opportunities. (Island Tribe, Drift Action Cameras + 2 others)
• Logo placement on all event promotional material, electronic, digital & print.
• Event vehicles, event signage, start & finish setup, equipment used.
• Banners erected at registration, race start & finish and all event functions.
RIGHTS ACQUIRED BY THE SPONSORS:
• Event logo usage
• Exclusive retail opportunities
• Social media cross-marketing
PLEASE VISIT THE WEBSITE FOR ENTRY: www.molwenitrailrun.co.za