Incorporating the ASWD Walking Trails
28 Jun 2014
South Western Districts
McDonald's Garden Route Mall, George
Online Start Date:
09 May 2014
Online End Date:
25 Jun 2014
082 483 8765 / 083 477 4780 / 083 376 7414
Distance & Entry Fee
10km Licensed Athletes - R41
10km Unlicensed Athletes - R74.10 (Includes Temporary License)
10km Nedbank Athletes FREE ( Pre-entry only)
5km - R10 (Entries On The Day)
10km Start: McDonald's Garden Route Mall
10km Finish: McDonald's Courtenay Street
5km Start: McDonald's Courtenay Street
* This is a pre-entry event and NO race day entries are accepted.
* Pre-entries close on 26th June at 10am
* The registration to collect the race number and timing chip will take place on Friday 27th June 2014 from 17:00 to 19:00 at McDonalds, Courtney Street, George and on 28th June 2014 from 06:30 till 07:30 at McDonald's Garden Route mall.
* Entries for 5km are accepted on race day at the start at McDonald's, Courtenay Street. George
1. Prize giving will be at 10:15 at McDonald's Courtenay Street, George
2. Athletes are responsible to collect their own prize money or make alternative arrangement with the Event Organiser
3. Lucky draw prizes will be forfeited if the athlete is not present
Gold - First 5 men and 5 women
Silver- next 50
Bronze - next 188
* Record Men: 2013 LIoyd Bosman 29:49
* Record Women: 2013 Zola Budd-Pieterse 36:43
R200 for new record
Mcdonald's Voucher for first men and women
Certificates for first 100
1. Start: McDonald's Garden Route Mall, / Finish: McDonald's Courtenany Street
2. Drinking stations shall be provided at every 3km intervals or more frequently if weather conditions such provision. Powerade shall be available at the finish
3. Distance markers will be placed at every kilometre
4. The cut-off time for the race is 1 hour 45 minutes
5. First aid is available at the start and the finish
6. Abultion facilities will be available in the Garden Route Mall
7. ASWD Licensed athlete take note: Forget your chip - you will have to pay R20 to loan one for the race. Lost your chip - you will have to pay R50 for a replacement chip.
A timing chip will be made available, on a loan basis, to all participants apart from ASWD licensed athletes who are to use their current personalised chips. The chip is to be worn on your shoe for the duration of the event. The loan chips are to be handed back at the end of the race in exchange for a medal. participants will be held responsible for lost or damaged chips or those not handed back as required. It remains your responsibility to return the chip to the race organizer even in the event of not completing the race.
NO TIMING CHIP, NO RESULT
Held under the rules of ASA and ASWD
1. Minimum age on race day is 15 years for the 10km and 9 years for the 5km
2. Athletes must stay on the right hand side of the road at all times, unless instructed differently by the marshals and Traffic Officers.
3. Participants will be eligible for prizes in the OPEN category and the age category for which they have entered provided the relevant OFFICIAL ASWD age category tag or junior tags is displayed front and back. Participants may enter the age category corresponding to their chronological age or any younger category down to senior ( Red age tag or Orange W tag)
4. Athletes must participate in their correct club colours and display the ASA 2014 license numbers on the FRONT and BACK of the vest. All other runners must display ASWD temporary numbers on front and back of vest. Temp numbers available at registration NO advertising allowed
5. No seconding from cyclists or private vehicles will be allowed on the route. Personel seconding will only be permitted within 1m on either side of a refreshment station.
6. Athletes must give proof of their age at the request of a Race Referee. ( Original ID / Birth Certificate / Permanent Residence Permit)
7. All foreign athletes must comply with IAAF rule 142 and 4.2. Foreign athletes must be able to produce a letter from the respective federation permitting them to participate on race day.
8. No Earphones (IAAF Rule 144.2b), Animals (ASA Rule 21.4.1) or Racers (ASA Rule 21.4.3) allowed on all distances
9. The race is held under the rules of ASA and ASWD. All competitors must comply with the rules, regulations and instructions given by officials, marshals and traffic officials. Non-compliance may lead to disqualification. The Race referee's decision is final. The race organiser reserve the right to accept / reject any entry received.