21.1 / 10km PRE ENTRIES ONLY
Fun for the whole family!
Bring the whole family to join the Irene Road Running Club and 5500 enthusiasts as they run / walk along the tranquil streets of Southdowns, the Irene Dairy Farm and Irene Golf Course. Farm animals can be seen along the route. There just isn’t any other race like this!
09 Nov 2013
ARC Irene Campus,
Online Start Date:
26 Sep 2013
Online End Date:
04 Nov 2013
082 937 0733 / 083 284 4884
Distance & Entry Fee
Temporary Licence R36
Kids Run (Proceeds of Kids Run to Child Welfare)
21.1 & 10km 06:00
The 1km kids Run (under 8 years) starts at 08:00
ARC Irene Campus (See map)
Come early to avoid the traffic
Entries will be taken at the venue from 04:30 until 5 minutes before the start of the race for the 5km Fun run and kids only
Race numbers & T-shirts (for online entrants who qualify) can be collected at the clubhouse of the Irene Road Running Club on Friday 8th November 2013 between 15:00 - 19:00 or otherwise on race day.
Free T-shirts: To the first 2000 pre-entries of the 21.1km and 10km
(21.1 km and 10 km)
First ten men and first tenladies plus category winners
All participants who finish within the cut off times
Special Medals: To all 5km and 1km Fun Run finishers
Prize giving will commence at 08:00 for 10km and at 09:00 for 21.1km.
Please Take Note: Category winners who are not present at the prize giving will have to collect their prizes and medals from the Irene Road Running Club
Many lucky draw prizes.
• The 10km & 21.1km will start at exactly 06:00
• The 5km Fun Run starts at 06:10
• The 1km Kids Run (under 8 years) starts at 08:00
• Medals to all finishers
• Distance markers every 1km
• Water points every 3km
• Cut off times: 21 km - 3 hrs 30min, 10km - 2hrs
• Food and drink stalls available
• Picnic areas available
• Fully supervised kiddies entertainment from 05:00 - 09:00
• Tog bag area available
• Medical support available
• 21 Km not wheelchair friendly
1. All participate at their own risk and by their entry indemnify the organisers and sponsors of any liability or claims.
2. All participants in the 21.1km and 10km must wear a valid 2013 licence number on their back during the race. Unlicenced
runners / walkers must buy a temporary licence (R30). Race numbers must be worn on the front of the running top.
3. The race will take place under the rules of ASA, AGN and IAAF and all participants must wear club colours during the race, except when participating with temporary licences.
4. Marshals and traffic officials must be obeyed at all times.
5. No seconding will be permitted.
6. Minimum age of 16 years on day of race for 21.1km. Minimum age of 15 years on day of race for 10km.
7. Category winners must provide proof of age to qualify for prizes (ID or other valid documentation).
8. Athletes competing for category prizes must wear official age category ID tags (front and back of vests)
9. Walkers competing for prize money must wear Walker / W tags on front and back of vest
10. Foreign athletes must observe IAAF rule 4 paragraph 2.
11. Sorry, no pets allowed.
12. No iPods or listening devices allowed.
Irene Triple Challenge
Athletes who entered for the ITC and who completed the other two legs (Spar Lantern 10km and Clover Irene Spring Race 21km) will receive their medal, shield and special T-shirt after completing the 21 km. Qualifying athletes must please NOT take a medal at the normal medal table after completing the race, but report to the ITC tent to collect their medal, shield and T-shirt.
Also note that ITC entrants who completed the first two legs can collect their LiquiFruit race numbers only on Friday afternoon and on the morning of the race and NOT at any shop.
The Irene Triple Challenge will continue in 2014 and we invite athletes to register for this prestigious and unique challenge. Registration for 2014 will open on the same day on which the 2014 SPAR Lantern registrations open.
082 937 0733 / 083 284 4884