Get ready for the ultimate 100km MTB race – 3 stages in one day (marathon, half-marathon and lap races)
MegChem Cycling Club will again host the annual Lake Umuzi Cosmos 3-in-1 MTB Challenge in Secunda, Mpumalanga, on 29 March 2014
Online entries are open: http://www.cycleevents.co.za/category/mtb-events/
Line entries can be done at the race venue
Come and join us for an unforgettable day of hard racing and leisurely cycling
• Directions to the Venue. http://www.lakeumuzi.co.za/contact
• GPS Co-Ordinates S 26°31’4.0296” E 29°10’24.783”
• Medals to all finishers and special prizes to finishers in 3-in-1 stage race
• T-shirts to first 100 entries in the 3-in-1
• Registration times
- 28 March 2014 17:00 – 21:00
- 29 March 2014 from 5:00am
• Cut off times
- 63 km – 11:30
- 25 km – 15:00
- 15 km – 9:30
• Water points – numerous water points will be available on all the routes
• Medical and emergency backup available
• Free massages available between events
• Accommodation information
- Visit http://www.lakeumuzi.co.za/accommodation
for various types of accommodation available at the start venue or call central reservations on 017 631 3452
- 63 km – 6:30am
- 15 km – 7:15am
- 25 km – 11:30pm
- Lap race – 15:00
- Prize giving – 17:00
• Scrumptious pre-race Pasta will be on sale on the Friday night (28 March 2014)
• Start venue has swimming pools, adventure putt-putt, restaurants – Dros, Ocean Basket,
Bosveld Lapa, Boesies Restaurant, etc. Food and drinks will be on sale during the day.
1. All traffic rules must be obeyed.
2. Mountain biking is dangerous. Participants in this event and all functions and events related
thereto take part entirely at their own risk and agree, by their participation as well as by their
signature hereto, that they and their dependants do not have, and will not institute, any
claims whatsoever against, and do hereby indemnify and hold harmless from all liability,
CyclingSA, mountain bike commissions, organizers, other participants, sponsors, individuals,
officials, marshals, assistants, helpers, agents, contractors, landowners, local authorities or
employees of such persons and any person associated with the event in respect of any loss
whatsoever which participants may suffer arising from any cause at all, regardless of
whether or not the accident shall have been caused directly or indirectly by negligence,
albeit gross, of any person. Persons signing this form for or as a guardian of a minor consent
to such minor being bound by the foregoing and further indemnify the organizers and
aforementioned parties to the extent, if any, to which such minor is not bound
3. Cyclists must ride in a predictable and responsible manner and obey all traffic rules, traffic
officers and Marshalls, in order to avoid disqualification and / or suspension.
4. The route will be shown on the map and cyclists must satisfy themselves that they
understand exactly where to ride.
5. Entrants must complete the course entirely on their own power.
6. Only official vehicles are allowed to render help and assistance during the race and no
unauthorized vehicle of family and friends are allowed to accompany the cyclists along the
route. No assistance may be accepted from any vehicle.
7. Cyclists must stop at water points to receive refreshments.
8. Entrants confirm that, to the best of their knowledge their state of their health is good, that
they are physically able to complete the race.
9. Every cyclist confirms that his / her bicycle is in a roadworthy condition.
10. The race will be held in terms of the rules and regulations of the Cycling South Africa and SA-
11. Failure to comply with these rules and regulations may lead to disqualification. The ruling of
the officials will be final.
12. Cycling SA Licenses must be produced at registration, when required. Non-Licensed riders to
take out a temporary number at an additional R35.00 per cyclist, excluding fun ride.
13. In order to facilitate time keeping and judging, entrants must wear their numbers visibly on
the handlebars of the bicycle.
14. Hard shell helmets are compulsory. NO HELMET - NO RIDE !!!
15. Any dispute must be handed to the referee in writing within the prescribed time limit (before
cutoff time), for consideration.
16. All entrants participate entirely at their own risk and concede that they, or their next of kin,
will have no claim whatsoever against the organizers, sponsors or officials in respect of any
injury or damage to persons or property arising out of any accident in any way related to the
17. The organizers reserve the right to group the riders, or to cancel any category should
insufficient entries be received.
18. Timekeeper must be informed should you withdraw without completing the race.
• GENERAL INFORMATION
1. A sweep vehicle will be available to help cyclists in difficulty.
2. First Aid facilities will be available on routes and at finish.
3. All cyclists are advised to carry 2 water bottles.
4. No glass containers of any kind are permitted on or near the course.
5. Marshalls will withdraw from the route at the various cut off times.
6. Water points will be available as indicated on the map on display at the start venue.
7. Cyclists must stop at water points to take water.
8. The organizers reserve the right to change prize money should inadequate entries be received
in any category.
9. The organizers may, at their discretion, shorten, lengthen or change the course if the weather,
or safety of the cyclist, deem is necessary.
10. A rider is not permitted to take any shortcuts or to omit a circuit or take advantage of a
similar nature against opponents.
11. If a rider exits the route of the course for any reason, he/she must return to the course at the
exact same point from which he/she exited.
12. A rider may only change his/her bike or receive any technical assistance between races or
13. A rider must act in a polite manner at all times and permit any faster rider to overtake
14. Riders must respect the countryside and ride only on the official route. The rider must avoid
polluting the area and not leave any waste or litter.
15. A rider must not use offensive or abusive language during the race, act in an anti-sporting
manner, be disrespectful to the officials or ignore the race regulations.
16. Entry fee is non refundable.