Endorsed by “RUNNERS WORLD MAGAZINE” as “Highly Recommended
Rate your race www.runnersworld.com
19 Jan 2014
KwaZulu - Natal
Kearsney College, Old Main Road, Botha’s Hill
Online Start Date:
26 Nov 2013
Online End Date:
15 Jan 2014
Jennifer / Claudia / Belinda
083 531 9417 / 083 415 2520 / 082 885 0788
Distance & Entry Fee
10km Walk R65
10km Run R65
Temporary Licenses R26
Age Category R15
Walker Tag R15
• Kearsney College, Old Main Road, Botha’s Hill (parking available inside Kearsney College)
• Club gazebo’s may be erected on Saturday after completion of school cricket
From 4:30am on Sunday 19th January at the Greyhound Pavilion, Kearsney College
Prior To Race Day Entries
• On Saturday 18th January 11h00 – 17h00 at the Kearsney College Coffee Shop
- by midnight 15-01-2013
16 years and over for 21km run
15 years and over for 10km walk
15 years and over for 10km run
This challenging but scenic half marathon will take you through the Kearsney College Campus, along the Old Main Road on the Comrade’s route and then up to Alverstone Tower and back to Kearsney through the Assagay Valley.
1. The race will be run subject to the rules of the IAAF, ASA, and KwaZulu-Natal Athletics.
2. All licensed runners are expected to participate in this race displaying 2014 licence numbers on the front and back of your vest.
3. All participants must wear correct club colours.
4. All unlicensed entrants require a temporary licence.
5. Age category tags and walkers’ tags must be worn on the front and back of one’s vest if one is to claim age category and walkers prizes.
6. Foreign athletes must abide by I.A.A.F Rule 4.2. and 142. No personal seconding.
Directions To Kearsney College
Kearsney College is situated on the top of Botha's Hill on the Old Main Road. If travelling from Durban keep on the N3 toll road and take the Shongweni / Assagay turn off. Turn right at the stop sign; proceed over the M13 until you come to a T-junction robot. Turn left into Old Main road and proceed up to the top of Botha's Hill. The Kearsney gate is on the left after the Fainting Goat centre.
If travelling from Pietermaritzburg you keep on the N3. You will branch off at the M13 and then take the turn off to Shongweni/Assagay. At the stop sign turn left until the T-junction robot. Turn left and proceed up to the top of Botha's Hill. The Kearsney gate is on the left after the Fainting Goat centre.
Phone 082 777 6393 / 083 459 3802 if lost.
Race Convenor – Jennifer Rigby 083 531 9417 & Claudia Stencel 083 415 2520
Race Secretary - Belinda Padbury 082 885 0788
I am medically fit to run/walk and understand that I enter at my own risk and am responsible for any injury/illness during or as a result of the race, or for any property lost, stolen or damaged whilst on Kearsney property. I agree that I will be responsible for any medical costs incurred.