JOZI SOUTH HALF MARATHON ORGANISED BY BROTHERHOOD ATHLETICS CLUB
First 2000 pre-entries will recieve a Race T-shirt
Only 500 entries for the Fun Run allowed (entries on the day only)
All race entrants will receive a 50% discount into the Theme Park on the day of the race upon verification of race registration
20 Oct 2013
Apartheid Museum , Gold Reef City
Online Start Date:
14 Aug 2013
Online End Date:
14 Oct 2013
Gerhard / Charles / Franklin
083 292 9551 / 082 951 8044 / 082 909 0192
Distance & Entry Fee
21.1km Grandmasters 60yrs+ R46
Temp License R26
10km Grandmasters 60yrs+ R31
Temp License R21
4km Theme Park Fun Run R30 (Entries On The Day Only)
R10 from each entry for the 21km and 10km run will go towards CANSA.
All fun run proceeds will go towards CANSA
21.1 & 10km 07h00
4km Fun Run 07h30
Apartheid Museum parking at Gold Reef City
Day before the race at Gold Reef City Casino the from 10h00 and 14h00!
Race Day Entries: From 05h00 at Gold Reef City Casino Entrance - Entry close ar 06h50
Prize Giving: 10h30 at Gold Reef City Entrance
Please note that entries are non refundable.
21km 10 Gold medals for Category Winners
10km 10 Gold medals for Category Winners
21km 200 silver medals for first 200 sub 90 minutes finishers
10km 100 silver medals for first 100 sub 40 minutes finishers
21 Km + 1800 Bronze
10km + 1100 Bronze
1. The race is run in accordance with the rules of ASA and CGA.
2. Athletes indemnify the national, provincial, regional bodies, sponsors & organisers against all and any action whatsoever same may be arising out of their participation in the race.
3. One lap course.
4. Seven refreshment stations.
5. Distance markers every kilometer.
6. No seconding allowed.
7. Registered athletes must be members of a club affiliated to ASA and wear official club colours and two 2013 license numbers (front and back).
8. Athletes must be at least 15 years old for the 10km and 16 years old for the 21km on the day of the race.
9.Temporary licenses will be on sale at an additional fee of R20.00 for the 21km race and R15.00 for the 10km race.
10. Temporary licensed athletes must wear the two issued temporary licenses (back and front ) and plain clothing.
11. Numeric age category ID tags must be worn (front and back) by athletes competing for a category prize.
12. Proof of age must be provided to race officials on race day if requested.
13. Cut off time 3 hours, 30 minutes.
14. Regretfully no wheelchairs allowed.
15. No blades, cyclists or mechanically operated devices allowed in the race.
16. Categories in accordance with new ASA ruling.
17. Licensed athletes will be eligible to win an open prize plus a prize for age category they are participating in.
18. No athlete can qualify for any prize unless wearing a license or temporary license.
19. Athletes are not allowed to participate with pets.
20. International athletes must comply with ASA domicile rules.
21 (1.1) Wheel carts/prams which are mechanically or manually operated by participants, will not be permitted to participate without the special permission of the race organisers and traffic authorities.
(1.2) International athletes must provide a clearance letter from their country of origin to the referee in the event of them winning a prize.
(1.3) All traffic officers and official's instructions to be obeyed.
(1.4) iPods and other apparatus are not allowed during the race
Charles: 082 951 8044
Franklin: 082 909 0192
Gerhard: 083 292 9551
Tame Times: 011 862 8500
I declare that I am an amateur and agree to abide by the rules of the race as well as the rules of ASA and the CGA. I shall participate in the race at my own risk and hereby indemnify the national and provincial bodies, sponsors and organisers of the race against any action or claim of whatsoever nature, whatever same may result out of my participation in the race or from natural causes.