For a career in the fitness industry contact health & fitness professionals association / academy
08 Nov 2014
: Western Cape
: Eden On The Bay Shopping Centre Big Bay, Blouberg
Online Start Date
: 15 Oct 2014
Online End Date
: 05 Nov 2014
: 084 581 3713
Distance & Entry Fee
21.1km Licenced R66
21.1km Unlicenced R104
21.1km Licenced Grand Masters 60yrs+ R33
21.1km Unlicenced Grand Masters 60yrs+ R71
5km Fun Run R28
Fun Run 6:30am
Eden On The Bay Shopping Centre Big Bay, Blouberg
Taken on the day from 4:45am
Sandblasted Glasses to the first 900 finishers!
200 Medals for the Fun Run
Plus more lucky draw prizes on the day!
Prize Money: Men & Women
Open: 1st R1000 2nd R700 3rd R500
40 - 49 yrs: 1st R500 2nd R400 3rd R300
50 - 59 yrs: 1st R500 2nd R400 3rd R300
60 - 69 yrs: 1st R500 2nd R400 3rd R300
70 + yrs: 1st R300 2nd R200 3rd R100
16 - 19yrs: 1st R300 2nd R200 3rd R100
Rules Of Entry
1. Race to be run under the rules of ASA and WPA
2. Licenced athletes must run in full club colours and 2014 licences must be worn on the front and back of the vest vest.
3. Temporary numbers availableat R35.00 each. Temporary licenced participants are eligible for age category prizes, provided they enter the relevant age group, wear the appropriate age tags and provide proof of age.
4. Juniors born 1995 or later wearing a junior or senior licence must display age tags "J" to qualify for age group prizes.
5. In addition to overall (open) prizes, participants will only be eligible for an age category prize in the age category they enter. Corresponding numerical age category tags must be worn on front and back of their club vest. Participants may enter the age category corresponding to their chronological age or any younger category down to senior.
6. All participants must obey traffic officers, race marshals and officials at all times.
7. No personal seconding permitted, except at official refreshment stations.
8. Entry cards must be in the athletes' possession durning the race.
9. To qualify for prizes, all age tags must be worn front and back.
10. Time limit: 3h15 (Finish at 09:15am)
11. Participants participate at own risk. The organizers, sponsors and WPA will not be held responsible for any accident or injuries resulting from the athlete's participation or loss of any belongings.
12. Prize giving will start at approx, 9:00am.
13. Results will be posted directly to all clubs
14. Tog Bag facilities are provided, at own risk.
15 Participants will qualify for age category team prizes based on the individual age category they enter ( with corresponding age category tags). Older participants qualify for a younger team only if there is no team competition for their specific age category.
16. Participants must be 16 years or older on the day of the race.
17. No Race numbers will be issued
18. For safety reasons the use of personal music players durning road races is strongly discouraged. Any person using such device in contravention of IAAF Rule 144.3(b) who fails to obey a reasonable instruction from a race official may be disqualified and shall not be eligible for individual or team prizes
Lizelle Meyer 084 581 3713