Hit the road running. It will be a great day of fun, laughs and lots of fabulous prizes to be won, including R2000 worth of groceries
26 Oct 2013
South Western Districts
Heather Park SUPERSPAR, George
Online Start Date:
01 Oct 2013
Online End Date:
24 Oct 2013
: Daniel / Thia / Saundra
083 376 7414 / 083 477 4780 / 082 483 8765
Distance & Entry Fee
10Km Licensed Athletes R41
10km Unlicensed Athletes R68.40
(Includes compulsory temporary licence fee)
10km Licensed Athletes 60yrs + FREE in 10km
Includes R5 timing chip hire
ENTRY FEE IS NON-REFUNDABLE
TEMPORARY LICENCED PARTICIPANTS
Registered athletes are covered by a group personal accident insurance scheme. Details may be obtained from your club / province. Temporary athletes are covered by an insurance scheme which is applicable for the duration of the event only. These participants are urged to join an affiliated club.
Heather Park SUPERSPAR, George
Late entries will be accepted at Heather Park SUPERSPAR on Friday 25 October from 17h00 to 19h00. NO RACE DAY ENTRY.
Medals to all finishers.
T-Shirts to first 500 finishers.
ADDITIONAL PRIZES WILL BE AWARDED TO: School with most pre-entries
1 – 10 Gold
11 - 100 Silver
Rules / Information
1. The race starts and finishes at Heather Park SUPERSPAR on Saturday 26th October 2013. The 10km starts at 07h00, 5km and 1km at 08h00.
2. Minimum age requirement for 5km is 9 years and all ages for 1km. Athletes must give proof of their age at the request of the Race Referee. (Original ID / Birth Certificate/Permanent Residence Permit)
3. Entries handed in at TEKKIE TOWN - Garden Route Mall, Outshoorn and Langeberg Mall, SPORTCENTRE, York Street, George and Top Gear Sport, Meade St, George until Wednesday 23 October 2013 will receive a receipt.
4. Only on presentation of this receipt at Heather Park SUPERSPAR on Friday 25 October from 17h00 to 19h00 or on the morning of the race from 06h00 you will receive your timing chip, race number and t-shirt.
5. Online entries are received on www.entrytime.com.
6. Late entries will be accepted at Heather Park SUPERSPAR on Friday 25 October from 17h00 to 19h00. NO RACE DAY ENTRY.
7. Club Colours: Athletes must participate in their correct club colours and display their race number on the front and their ASA 2013 license numbers at the back of the vest. All other runners must display their race number on the front and temporary number on the back of the vest. No advertising allowed.
8. All foreign athletes must comply with IAAF rule 142 and 4.2. Foreign athletes must be able to produce a letter from their respective federation permitting them to participate on race day.
9. Distance markers will be placed at every kilometre.
10. Athletes must stay on the right hand side of the road at all times, unless instructed differently by the marshals and Traffic Officer
11. Drinking / Sponging stations will be provided every 3km or more depending on weather conditions. SPAR Water will be available at the finish.
12. Licensed athletes 60yrs and over enter FREE in the 10km.
13. An athlete is eligible for a prize in the Open category and for a prize in the age category applicable to him/her or the younger category chosen by him/her provided he/she is wearing the relevant official ASWD age category ID tag. (Red age tag or Orange “W” tag)
14. All participants in the 10km will be timed by an Ipico timing chip.
15. No seconding from cyclists or private vehicles will be allowed on the route. Personal seconding will only be permitted within 1m on either side of a refreshment station.
16. All races: No Earphones (IAAF Rule 144.2b), Animals (ASA Rule 21.4.1) or Racers (ASA Rule 21.4.3) allowed.
17. Ablution facilities will be available at Heather Park SUPERSPAR.
18. Cut-off time for the 10km is 2hrs and for the 5km is 1h30.
19. Prize Giving will be at 10h00. Athletes are responsible to collect their own prize money or make an alternative arrangement with the Event Organiser.
20. There will be a prize for the school with the most bulk entrants.
21. Held under the rules of ASA and ASWD. All competitors must comply with the rules, regulations and instructions given by officials, marshals and Traffic Officials. Non-compliance may lead to disqualification. The Race Referee’s decision is final. The Race Organiser reserve the right to accept / reject any entry received.
INDEMNITY Release and waiver in consideration of acceptance of my entry, I for myself, my executors, heirs, administrators and assigns, do hereby release and discharge the organizers of this race, Nedbank Running Club - George, national and provincial bodies, any and all sponsors, any and all volunteer groups, all medical personnel, any and all local authorities, from any claim for injuries, damages or property loss I may suffer caused by the negligence of any of them and arising out of my participation in this event, including pre and post race activities. I am physically fit and sufficiently trained to participate in this endurance event and assume all risks for such participation. I agree to abide by the rules of this race as well as the rules of ASA and ASWD, conditions and regulations which include the terms of payment of the entry fee and will comply with them.