Scared of the dark or scare others with your costume?
31 Oct 2013
Muratie Wine Estate, Stellenbosch
Online Start Date:
08 Oct 2013
Online End Date:
29 Oct 2013
Dirtopia Trail Centre
021 884 4752 or email@example.com
Distance & Entry Fee
Pre-entries (close on the 29th of Oct);
5km – R60, 7km – R70
Late entries (taken on event day):
5km R70 (no timing, no medal, no waterpoint)
7km - R85
Moisture Management long-sleeve & short sleeve T-shirts available at R185:
Muratie Wine Estate, Stellenbosch
At The Venue From 17h30
Distance & Route Description
NEW singletrack was recently built on Muratie’s property and you won’t be disappointed with the trails!
Run on contour trails that will give you enough of a work-out! Watch out for the ghosts in the forest...
* All runners must wear a light on their head...it’s dark out there!
* The wine tasting & the kitchen on Muratie will be open!
* Top three mens & ladies will win a prize and there will be a lucky draw with products from Hi-Tec, CiVVio, Falke plus Muratie wines!
* All finishers will receive a Coke and a Halloween surprise. Waterpoint on the route.
TIMING (no 5km timing): Runners will be timed with an Amarider Trail Tag and timing data will be streamed live onwww.trailtag.co.za. You can purchase a permanent Trail Tag at R100 which you will use at monthly Trail Run events. If you have a Trail Tag from previous events please bring it along to registration.
Runners also have the option of renting a temporary Amarider Trail tag at R15 and will be given to you at registration with your racenumber. The temporary tag will be taken off at the finish line.
Remember NO Trail Tag - NO Time. Late entries must remember that the file must still be captured & loaded - so your name will appear later.
Wear the tag around your right wrist like a watch. Not around your ankle please.
1. Only run with your own TrailTag
2. Please return your rental tags at the finishline, staff will assist
3. The reader is powerful enough to read through arm warmers etc.
A briefing will take place 5 minutes before the start - runners must stay on the marked trail or will be disqualified.
Please do not litter! We also urge you to not leave valuables in your vehicle
For further information please contact Dirtopia Trail Centre on 021 884 4752 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Indemnity And Disclaimer
All runners agree to and hereby bind themselves to the following indemnity:
1. The runner undertakes and agrees to ride the event and use the area entirely at his or her own risk. 2.The runner hereby waives and shall have no claim whatsoever against Dirtopia CC, Amarider, Muratie Wine Estate, Delvera, any other land owners, any individual organiser or contractor, official, assistant, helper, representative or agent, the sponsors, any local authority or their employees, hereinafter referred to as the parties, in respect of any injury, loss or damage that the entrant may suffer arising from any injury to the person or property of the entrant, caused directly or indirectly by the negligence, albeit gross, of one or more of the afore-mentioned parties.
3. The runners undertakes not to hold any of the parties liable if he or she or any dependent or his or her estate suffers loss or damage which was caused directly or indirectly from participation on the properties, including, but without limiting the generality of the afore-going, any loss or damage due to physical injury or death or the physical injury or death of another person, or due to patrimonial loss or damage, and in which ever manner the damage or loss was caused, including the negligence of the parties.
4. The runner indemnifies the parties against all liability for above mentioned losses or damages and confirms that this acceptance of risk, undertaking and indemnity is also binding on his or her estate.
5. The entrant confirms that this indemnity extends to the participation of any event, including his or her arrival at the property and departure there from and attendance at any ceremony or function therof.
6. The runner accepts that, without limiting the generality of the afore-going, the parties and the owners or managers of the venue shall accept no responsibility or liability for any injury, howsoever caused, to any person while on the premises or while utilizing the facilities theron, as well as in respect of any patrimonial loss or damage, howsoever caused, suffered by any person while on the premises or while utililizing the facilities theron.
7. Should the runner be a minor, the parent, guardian or adult supervisor of the minor confirms that the minor isr unning the trails on the farms at his or her own risk and indemnifies the parties against claims by such minor.
8. The runner or, in the case of a minor, the parent or guardian, confirms that her or she has read and understands the effect of this indemnity.
9. All or any of the parties may accept the benefits which accrue to them in terms of this indemnity at any time after it has been signed by the participant.
10. I agree to abide by the rules as stipulated by the landowners and the organisers, including the waiver