GROOTVADERSBOSCH TRAIL RUN
Grootvadersbosch Nature Reserve, near Swellendam
The next run is on 7 and 8 July 2018
Entries open end November 2017.
150 entries available. Sold out in 2017.
CUT OFF ENTRIES FOR CAPS 19 JUNE
ENTRIES CLOSE MIDNIGHT, 29 JUNE OR ONCE IT REACHED THE 150 ENTRY LIMIT – WHICHEVER OCCURS FIRST.
CATERING : Different to previous years to enable runners a choice.
Please note that optional Saturday night and non-runners meals have to be pre booked – no additional catering can be ordered on/at the weekend. See below at “Catering” for detail on this.
A magical 2 day trail run in the exquisite Grootvadersbosch Nature Reserve & Conservancy, 22km from Heidelberg in the Cape, highly rated by seasoned trail runners.
Mountain trails lead you through a fairyland of indigenous forests; giant Redwood tree forest; endemic fynbos and lush river valleys and streams. Rated as fairly strenuous with 95% single track with a great variety of terrain.
Undulating climbs, reaching mountain ridges with views towards Barrydale and winding back down into lush valleys and kloofs where you can quench your thirst in the pure sweet mountain water on route.
This reserve is one of 8 World Heritage Sites with a highly protected fragile eco system; protected by Cape Nature and the Boosmansbos Conservancy. The name Boosmansbos is derived from that of an angry hermit who lived in the forest in the early 19th century. Boosmansbos was proclaimed a Wilderness Area in 1978 and has managed to maintain and protect its natural system and pristine environment. A percentage of the fees from this event is put back into the Conservancy for alien vegetation management.
– give or take a few hundred meters. Please remember that different GPS devices will give you different data and generally “do not” have satellite reception under the trees/forest sections. We will therefore only provide GPS tracks for the 1st day.
CHOOSE TO RUN BOTH DAYS, OR JUST ONE OF THE DAYS
Categories for ALL
- Day one (Sat, 7 July ] – 33km 1500m altitude gain. Middle of the pack runner to complete in 5 hrs hours. Mountain trail in Boosmansbos – a World Heritage site.
- Day two (Sun, 8 July) – 15km 660m altitude gain. Middle of the pack runner to complete in 2.5 hours. Indigenous forests and river valleys.
BOTH DAYS: R890.00 per person [Sunday braai ncluded]
- Senior Male 18-39yrs
- Senior Female 18-39yrs
- Vet Male 40+
- Vet Female 40+
- Masters Male +50
- Masters Female +50
Included in the entry package:
- DAY 1 ONLY: R 560.00 per person [No meals included – See catering options separate to entry fee – lower down]
- DAY 2 ONLY – R 360.00 per person [Sunday braai included]
CATERING : Please note that optional Saturday night and non-runners meals have to be pre booked – no additional catering can be ordered on the weekend
- Branded, race cap – only for the runners entered/paid before 10 June 2017.
- CNC Reserve and GVB Conservancy permit fees
- Finish line drinks – both days
- Finishers medal
- Lucky draw prizes
- Saturday lunch – egg bacon rolls can be bought at the venue – available from approx 11h00.
- Saturday dinner – Traditional potjie – vegetarian or meat. Optional at R130.00pp
- Sunday [early] Lunch – braai – vegetarian / meat with breads and dessert. Included for “both day” and “day 2 runners – runners doing day 2 only” If you ran day 1 only and staying on for the weekend, you can pre order/pre pay for Sunday lunch on the entry form.
- Free coffee/tea/hot chocolate at race village – self service. All weekend. Please bring own mug
- Beverages / beers – bring your own (no bar facilities)
FOR DETAILED INFORMATION : www.quantumadventures.co.za
Last update on this event: 29/11/2017
Event added: 29/11/2017