Fancy yourself your beer or wine fundi but don’t really like the pretentiousness and snobbery which is usually associated with it? Well there’s a new annual festival happening in the Eastern Cape which is perfect for you.
The Grapes & Grains Fest 2014 is Port Elizabeth’s first; and the Eastern Cape’s biggest Craft Beer, Wine & Music festival.
Going down at the famous German Club in Lorraine on November 15th, the festival is a wealth of “off the beaten track” wine estates, niche micro-breweries, vibrant local music and delicious food.
Festival organiser Stuart Lamb from The Craft Bru says: “Our goal is to expose as many people to the growing category of fine wines and craft beers without being pretentious about it. It’s a chance for the micro-breweries and winery to build their brand, market themselves as a tourist destination and increase their following as a brewery and wine estate.”
More than 50 craft beers and ciders as well as 60 variants of wine and sparkling wine will be on show, and the festival will have a family-friendly atmosphere Hudson-Lamb says.
“We expect to have between 1300 - 1800 people at the festival. We have many attractions and have catered for the kids with a Kids Zone with adult supervision from 11am - 5pm, so parents can enjoy the festival without having to worry about the little ones.”
There will also be great music all day with local PE bands and musicians and DJ Renaldo, who will keep the party going between sets and late into the night. Musicians confirmed are: Joe van der Linde, Lundale, Hugo Kleinhans and The Cottonfields.
Other attractions include:
• More than 50 Craft Beers, 9 Ciders & 60 Wines to taste
• League of Beers – Sign up for your monthly box of Craft Beers
• A photo booth to capture your festival memories with your friends;
• A festival menu prepared by Chef Thomas;
• Rugby on the big screen: England vs Springboks;
• RVCA Beer Pong : R4000 in prizes for the winning and runner up teams;
• Learn to Brew 101: buy home brew kits and learn the basics;
• Videographer & Photographer will capture the fun vibe
• Safe and Secure parking
• Credit & Debit card machines available
• Lucky Draw every hour to ticket holders.
Grapes & Grain Festival - 15 November 2014 - PE's craft beer, wine & music festival.
German Club, Lorraine, PE
11am - 11:30pm
- R89 per ticket includes branded beer glass & 2 x Booze Bills (Only 2000 tickets available) Ticket sales at the door on festival day if still available.
You can view the event by following this safe link: https://www.quicket.co.za/events/5612-grapes-grain-festival-2014
Invited micro-breweries are as follows:
1. Boston Breweries (Cape Town)
2. Bridge Street Brewery (Port Elizabeth)
3. Mitchells Brewery (Knysna)
4. South Cape Breweries (Mossel Bay)
5. Jack Black (Cape Town)
6. Cape Brewing Co (Cape Town)
7. Little Brewery on Wharf Street (Port Alfred)
8. Emerald Vale Brewery (Chinsta)
9. Everson Cider (Elgin Grabouw)
10. Windermere Cider (Elgin Grabouw)
11. Belgian Beer Co (Imported beers from Belgium)
Groenland & many more
For more information contact Stuart Lamb: 083 658 5905
The Craft Bru @GrapesGrains_PE