Dress like a STAR and WIN!
Buffs to the first 100 entries!
This event is timed by an electronic chip...
NO CHIP NO RESULT
04th Sep 2015
South Western Districts
Online Start Date:
28th May 2015
Online End Date:
01st Sep 2015
Contact Number: 083 376 7414 / 083 477 4780
Distance & Entry Fee
Pre Entries(Closing 01 Sep 2015):
10km Licensed Athletes - R 51,00
10km Unlicensed Athletes - R 91,00
3km - R 25,00
10km Licensed Athletes 18:00
10km Unlicensed Athletes 18:00
Will take place on 3 September at Sportmans Warhouse from 16h30 till 18h00 and on Friday 4 September 2015 from 17h00 till 17h45 at Glenwood House.
Thursday 3 September from 16h30 till 18h00 at Sportsmans Warehouse (Eden Meander Mall).
NO RACE DAY ENTRIES FOR 10KM. ENTRIES FOR 3KM ARE ACCEPTED ON RACE DAY.
1. Prize Giving will be at 20:00 at Glenwood House, Glenwood Avenue George.
2. Athletes are responsible to collect their own prize money or make an alternative arrangement with the Event Organiser.
3. Lucky draw prizes will be forfeited if athlete is not present.
4. ASWD Licensed athlete take note: Forget your chip - you will have to pay R20 to loan one for the race.
5. Lost your chip - you will have to pay R50 for a replacement chip.
Start: Glenwood House, Glenwood Avenue, George.
1. Athletes must stay on the right hand side of the road at all times, unless instructed by the marshals and Traffic Officers.
2. No seconding from cyclists or private vehicles will be allowed on the route.
3. Personal seconding will only be permitted within 1m on either side of a refreshment station.
4. No Earphones (IAAF Rule 144.2b), Animals (ASA Rule 21.4.1) or Racers (ASA Rule 21.4.3) allowed on all distances.
5. Drinking stations shall be provided at every 3km intervals or more frequently if weather conditions warrant such provision.
6. Powerade shall be available at the finish. Distance markers will be placed at every kilometre.
1. The Race is held under the rules of ASA and ASWD.
2. All competitors must comply with the rules, regulations and instructions given by officials, marshals and traffic officials.
3. Non-compliance may lead to disqualification.
4. The Race Referee's decision is final. The race organiser reserve the right to accept / reject any entry received.
5. Minimum age on race day is 15 years for the 10km and 5 years for the 3km.
6. The cut-off time for the race is 1 hour 45 minutes.
7. Participants will be eligible for prizes in the OPEN category and the age category for which they have entered provided the relevant OFFICIAL ASWD age category tag or junior tags is displayed front and back.
8. Participants may enter the age category corresponding to their chronological age or any younger category down to SENIOR. (Red age tag or Orange W tag).
9. Athletes must participate in their correct club colours and display the ASA 2015 license numbers on the front and back of the vest. All other runners must display temporary number on front and back of vest.
10. Temp numbers available at registration.
11. No advertising allowed.
12. Athletes must give proof of their age at the request of the Race Referee. (Original ID / Birth Certificate / Permanent Residence Permit).
13. All foreign athletes must comply with IAAF rule 142 and 4.2.
14. Foreign athletes must be able to produce a letter from their respective federation permitting them to participate on race day.
15. Ablution facilities will be available at Glenwood House.
16. First aid is available at the start and the finish.
1. Gold - first 5 men and 5 women.
2. Silver - next 50.
3. Bronze - next 200.
4. 3km Medals to all finishers
Prize for FUNNIEST / BRIGHTEST STAR
1. A timing chip will be made available, on a loan basis, to all participants apart from ASWD licensed athletes who are to use their current personalized chips.
2. The chip is to be worn on your shoe for the duration of the event.
3. The loan chips are to be handed back at the end of the race in exchange for a medal.
4. Participants will be held responsible for lost or damaged chips or those not handed back as required.
5. It remains your responsibility to return the chip to the race organizer even in the event of not completing the race.
NO TIMING CHIP, NO RESULT.
Event Flyer PDF:
(Copy & Paste URL into browser to view)
083 376 7414 / 083 477 4780
All Participants agree to and hereby bind themselves to the following indemnity:
I agree not to hold the Nedbank Running Club George or any other sponsors, or any persons assisting in the organisation or holding of the race liable for any loss, injury or illness, which I may suffer directly or indirectly as a result of participating in the race, or any damages to my property or loss of my property which I may suffer directly as a result of participating in the race.