Help Glenwood House make a childs wish come true by bringing a small toy to registration at the George Herald “Run with the Stars”.
This event is timed by an electronic chip: NO CHIP NO RESULT
NO RACE DAY ENTRIES FOR 10KM
Event Date: 02nd Sep 2016
Province: South Western Districts
Online Entry Start Date: 18th Jul 2016
Online Entry End Date: 30th Aug 2016
Contact Number: 083 376 7414 / 083 477 4780 / email@example.com
Distance & Entry Fee
Pre Entries(Closing 30 Aug 2016):
10km - R 50,00
3km - R 25,00
Start: Glenwood House, Glenwood Avenue, George.
Will take place on 1st September at Sportmans Warehouse from 16h30 till 18h00
Friday 2nd September 2016 from 17h00 till 17h45 at Glenwood House.
Thursday 1st September from 16h30 till 18h00 at Sportmans Warehouse (Eden Meander Mall)
NO RACE DAY ENTRIES FOR 10KM.
ENTRIES FOR 3KM ARE ACCEPTED ON RACE DAY.
Entry Fee Is Non-Refundable And No Substitutions Are allowed.
1. Prize Giving will be at 20:00 at Glenwood House, Glenwood Avenue, George.
2. Athletes are responsible to collect their own prize money or make an alternative arrangement with the Event Organiser.
3. Lucky draw prizes will be forfeited if the athlete is not present.
10km Gold - first 5 men and 5 women
Silver - next 100
Bronze - next 290
3km: Medals to all finishers
Prize for FUNNIEST / BRIGHTEST STAR
Discovery Vitality Members:
Will earn 600 points.
1. Athletes must stay on the right hand side of the road at all times, unless instructed differently by the marshals and Traffic Officers.
2. No seconding from cyclists or private vehicles will be allowed on the route. Personal seconding will only be permitted within 1m on either side of a refreshment station.
3. No earphones 144.3b, Animals ASA rule 20.4.1 Racers 20.43 allowed.
4. All competitors must comply with the rules, regulations and instructions given by officials, marshals and traffic officials. Noncompliance may lead to disqualification.
5. Drinking stations shall be provided at every 3km intervals or more frequently if weather conditions warrant such provision. Powerade shall be available at the finish.
6. Distance markers will be placed at every kilometre
1. Minimum age on race day is 14 years for the 10km and 5 years for the 3km.
2. Participants will be eligible for prizes in the OPEN category and the age category for which they have entered provided the relevant OFFICIAL ASWD age category tag or junior tags is displayed front and back. Participants may enter the age category corresponding to their chronological age or any younger category down to SENIOR. (Red age tag or Orange "W"
3. Athletes must participate in their correct club colours
and display the ASA 2015 license number on the front and back of the vest. All other runners must displayASWD temporary numbers on front and back of vest. Temp numbers available at registration.
4. No advertising allowed.
5. Athletes must give proof of their age at the request of the Race Referee. (Original ID / Birth Certificate / Permanent Residence Permit)
6. All foreign athletes must comply with IAAF rule 142 and 4.2. Foreign athletes must be able to produce a letter from their respective federation permitting them to participate on race day.
7. The race is held under the rules of ASA and ASWD.
8. The Race Referee’s decision is final. The race organiser reserve the right to accept / reject any entry received.
1. The cut-off time for the race is 1 hour 45 minutes.
2. First aid is available at the start and the finish.
3. Ablution facilities will be available at Glenwood House.
4. ASWD Licensed athlete take note: Forget your chip – you will have to pay R20 to loan
one for the race. Lost your chip – you will have to pay R50 for a replacement chip.
A timing chip will be made available, on a loan basis, to all participants apart from ASWD licensed athletes who are to use their current personalized chips.
The chip is to be worn on your shoe for the duration of the event.
The loan chips are to be handed back at the end of the race in exchange for a medal. Participants will be held responsible for lost or damaged chips or those not handed back as required.
It remains your responsibility to return the chip to the race organizer even in the event of not completing the race.
NO TIMING CHIP, NO RESULT
083 376 7414 / 083 477 4780
All Participants agree to and hereby bind themselves to the following indemnity:
I agree not to hold the Nedbank Running Club George or any other sponsors, or any
persons assisting in the organisation or holding of the race liable for any loss, injury or illness, which I may suffer directly or indirectly as a result of participating in the race, or for any damages to my property or loss of my property which I may suffer directly as a result of participating in the race.
I confirm that this special agreement is entered into for the benefit of the Nedbank Running Club George, the sponsor and the persons assisting in the organising and holding of the race.