Dress Like A STAR And Win!
Buffs To The First 100 entries!
05 Sep 2014
South Western Districts
Glenwood House, Glenwood Avenue, George
Online Start Date:
09 Jul 2014
Online End Date:
02 Sep 2014
083 376 7414 / 083 477 4780
Distance & Entry Fee
10km Licensed Athletes R41
10km Unlicensed Athletes R74.10 ( Temp License Incl)
3km R20 ( Entries on The Day)
This is a pre-entry event and No race day entries will be accepted.
Pre-entries lose on 1st September at 10:00
The Registration will take place on Friday 5th September from 17:00 - 17:45 at Glenwood House. Glenwood Avenue, George.
Entries for 3km are accepted on race day at the start
1. Start: Glenwood House, Glenwood Avenue, George
2. Drinking stations shall be provided at every 3km intervals or more frequently if weather conditions warrant such provision. Powerade shall be available at the finish
3. Distance markers will be placed at every kilometre
4. The cut-off time is 1 hour 45 minutes
5. First aid is available at the start and the finish
6. Abultion facilities will be available at Glenwood House
7. ASWD Licensed athlete take note: Forget your chip - you will have to pay R20 to loan one for the race. Lost your chip - you will have to pay R50 for a replacement.
8. Entry fee is non-refundable and no substitutions are allowed
Prizes Giving And Medals
1. Prize giving will be at 20:00 at Glenwood House, Glenwood Avenue, George.
2. Athletes are responsible to collect their own prize money or make alternative arrangement with the Event Organiser
3. Lucky draw prizes will be forfeited if the athlete is not present
Gold - First 5 Men and 5 Women
Silver - Next 50
Bronze - Next 200
3km Medals to all finishers
Prize for FUNNIEST / BRIGHTEST STAR
A timing chip will be made available, on a loan basis, to all participants apart from ASWD licensed athletes who are to use their current personalised chips. The chip is to be worn on your shoe for the duration of the event. The loan chips are to be handed back at the end of the race in exchange for a medal. Participants will be held responsible for lost or damaged chips or those not handed back as required. It remains your responsibility to return the chip to the race organizer even in the event of not completing the race
NO TIMING CHIP, NO RESULTS
HELD Under the Rules Of The ASA And ASWD
1. Minimum age on race day is 15 years for the 10km and 5 years for the 3km
2. Athletes must stay on the right hand side of the road at all times, unless instructed differently by the marshals and Traffic Officers.
4. Participants will be eligible for prizes in the OPEN category and the age category for which they have entered provide the relevant OFFICIAL ASWD age category tag or junior tags is displayed front and back, Participants may enter the age category corresponding to their chronological age or any younger category down to SENIOR. (Red age tag or Orange "W" tag)
5. Athletes must participate in their correct club colours and display the ASA 2014 license numbers on the front and back of the vest. All other runners must display ASWD temporary number on front and back of vest. No advertising allowed
6. No seconding from cyclists or private vehicles will be allowed on the route. Personel seconding will only be permitted within 1m on either side of a refreshment station.
7. Athletes must give proof of their age at the request of a Race Referee. ( Original ID / Birth Certificate / Permanent Residence Permit)
8. All foreign athletes must comply with IAAF rule 142 and 4.2. Foreign athletes must be able to produce a letter from the respective federation permitting them to participate on race day.
9. No Earphones (IAAF Rule 144.2b), Animals (ASA Rule 21.4.1) or Racers (ASA Rule 21.4.3) allowed on all distances
10. The race is held under the rules of ASA and ASWD. All competitors must comply with the rules, regulations and instructions given by officials, marshals and traffic officials. Non-compliance may lead to disqualification. The Race referee's decision is final. The race organiser reserve the right to accept / reject any entry received.
NO Cheques Will Be Accepted
By Hand: You can enter at Tekkie Town at the following branches:
Garden Route Mall (George), Oudshoorn and langeberg Mall (Mosel Bay)
Sportscentre York Street George
Top Gear Sports Meade Street George
Please keep the receipt as proof of payment
I agree not to hold the Nedbank Running Club George or any other sponsors, or any persons assisting in the organisation or holding of the race liable for any loss, injury or illness, which I may suffer directlly or indirectly as a result of participating in the race, or for any damages to my property or loss of my property which I may suffer directly as a result of participating in the race. I confirm that this special agreement is entered into for the benefit of the Nedbank Running Club George, the sponsor and the persons assisting in the organising and holding of the race.