All Proceeds From The Race Will Be Used For Charity Outreaches By The Garsfontein Dutch Reformed Church.
Best Organised Road Race In SA For 2008.
(Rated By Runner's World)
09th Jul 2016
Online Entry Start Date:
23rd May 2016
Online Entry End Date:
06th Jul 2016
Office / Dalene / Claude
012 361 3618 / 082 550 2808 / 083 564 3630/.
Distance & Entry Fee
Pre Entries(Closing 06 Jul 2016):
21.1km Run - R 70,00
21.1km Walk - R 70,00
10km Run - R 60,00
10km Walk - R 60,00
5km Fun Run - R 30,00
Garsfontein Primary School, Zita Street, Garsfontein.
GPS Coordinates: 25o47'24,44"S; 28o17'43,22"E
21.1& 10km Walk: 06:30
21.1 & 10km Run: 07:00
5km Fun Run: 07:20
Enter on the day of the race from 05:30 at Grasfontein Primary School.
Athletes 70+ years Free. Only License required for 21 & 10km. Enter On The Day.
For all races will be at 10:00 at Grasfontein Primary School.
To first 3000 who finish within the cut-off times.
The rest will be made available at the Garsfontein Dutch Reformed Church within 4 weeks after the race
1. Please obey all marshals, traffic authorities and traffic rules.
2. No seconds, cyclists, pets or roller blades allowed.
3. No ipods or listening devices.
4. Dustbins at every km mark and all water points. Please do not litter elsewhere on the race.
5. Coke and water +- every 3km.
NO LITTERING ALONG THE ROUTE PLEASE.
PLEASE USE DUSTBINS AT EVERY KM MARK.
1. The race is run in accordance with the rules of ASA and AGN.
2. Athletes who do not adhere to the rules, will be disqualified.
3. Athletes must wear 2016 license / temporary license number on the front and back of vest / top.
4. Walkers competing for prize money must wear W tags on the front and back of their vest.
5. Age restriction is strictly 14 years for 10km & 16 years and older for the 21km. No age restriction for the 5km fun run.
6. An athlete can qualify for price money in the open category as well as the age category that he / she entered for.
7. Age category tags must be worn in front and at the back of vest by athletes competing for category prizes.
8. Time limit is 3 hours 30 minutes for ALL athletes .
Last runner / walker must finish by 10:30am.
9. All foreign athletes must abide to the IAAF rule 4.2.
1. Medical services will be provided.
2. Refreshments will be on sale at the venue.
3. Lots of spot prizes.!!!
4. Tog bag area will be available at own risk.
5. Club gazebos welcome.
6. Parking in streets surrounding the school - security guards will be on-site.
7. Please arrive early to avoid traffic congestion.
Directions To The Race:
From N1 take the Atterbury off-ramp, drive east past Menlyn Shopping centre (on your right), over January Masilela Drive, at Faerie Glen Hospital turn right into Jacqueline Drive, turn right into Zita Street.
012 361 3618 / 082 550 2808 / 083 564 3630 www.nggars.org.za
All Participants agree to and hereby bind themselves to the following indemnity:
All athletes participate solely at their own risk and the organizers and sponsors will not be held responsible for any injury, illness, accidents or theft accounting during or as a result of the race.