|[ 3rd Griffen 50 Miler (80km) ]
3rd Griffen 50 Miler (80km)
"Of all the races, there is no better stage for heroism than a marathon." - George Sheehan
Entry Limited To 50 Runners
Event Date: 28 Jul 2012
Province: Eastern Cape
Venue: At the halfway tent of the Washie 100 Miler
Online Start Date: 22 Mar 2012
Online End Date: 20 Jul 2012
Contact: Arthur Brindley
Contact Number: 083 733 7432
Distance & Entry Fee
50 Miler (80km) - R114
Start Time & Venue
Start: Start at 5am at the halfway tent of the Washie 100 Miler
Finish: Buffalo Club East London
Cut-off time: 12 hours
1. Seconding: It is a condition of entry that entrants will provide their own seconds and seconding vehicles and at least two seconds are recommended. It is strongly advised that one or more of the seconds are athletic enough to accompany their runner/walker on the road.
2. Training: The general consensus of opinion is that your normal Comrades training is the most important preparation.
3. Preparation for the run itself: On the grounds of weather conditions, you should include protective gear such as cold weather clothing, waterproofs, goggles, gloves, balaclava, lip-ice, etc., and bring towels and fresh T-shirts to change into. A source of warm drinks is also advisable.
4. Pre race registration and briefing: Registration will be at the Washie 100 start (Port Alfred Sports Club) from 15H00 - 17H00 and on the 28th at the start from 04h00. All runners and seconds are expected to report for the briefing at the start at 04h45 on Saturday 28th July 2012.
5. Distance and time limit: The course is measured and is 50 miles. The finish is at the Buffs Club and all competitors must finish by 17h00 on Saturday 28th July 2012 (12 hour limit).
6. Washie 100 Miler: The 100 miler will be starting In Port Alfred at 17h00 on the 27th July. These competitors will be wearing different coloured numbers
7. Prize Giving: The male and female winners will receive their gold medals and floating trophies at the Buffs Club at 10h00 on Sunday 29th July 2012. Bar facilities are available and food will be on sale.
8. Results: Copies of results will be available at the prize giving and on the Buffs web site : www.buffsclub.co.za/running
9. Prizes: The first man and first woman will receive a floating trophy.
All finishers will receive a medal
1. Eligibility to participate: You must be an amateur as defined under the Athletics South Africa rules and be 20 years or older on the day of the race. You must also be in possession of a valid 2012 licence number.
2. Rules: The race will be run under the rules of IAAF, ASA and BORA and foreign athletes must comply with IAAF Rules 4, Paragraph 2 and 142.
3. Reflective Material: Night belts or adequate luminous material must be worn by the runner and seconds during time of darkness. Reflective material must be supplied by the runner.
TWO RACE NUMBERS WILL BE ISSUED, ONE OF WHICH MUST BE WORN ON THE FRONT OF THE VEST AND ONE ON THE BACK AND BE VISIBLE AT ALL TIMES DURING THE RACE.
Failure to comply with the above may result in disqualification by a race committee member, referee or traffic official.
4. Closing Date for entries is the 20th July 2012.
Faxed entries to 086 640 1110 will be accepted if accompanied by deposit slip crediting:
Buffalo Road Runners, Nedbank, East London. Account Number 1210379864, Branch Code 121021.
5. Spot checks will be set at various points during the race at the discretion of the committee and the race referee.
Cell: 083 733 7432
Fax: 086 649 1110
Additional Information: www.buffsclub.co.za/running and click on 'Griffin 50 Miler' link. Information such as route and medical advice can be found here.
Event Added: 20/05/2012
| [ General Event Details ]
||Saturday, 28 July 2012
^ back to top