ALL MOUNTAIN ENDURO - SIMONSBEG TRAILS
23 Nov 2014
Delheim Wine Estate, Knorhoek Rd off the R44 near Stellenbosch
Online Start Date:
15 Oct 2014
Online End Date:
19 Nov 2014
021 884 4752 / email@example.com
Pre-entry cost (pre-entries closed 19th November!):
R252 for non-members and R224 for Amarider members
Late fees will apply. Includes permit, Red Bull included plus refreshment station with fruit etc.
Product prizes & medals to be won.
Start Time & Registration
Start Time: 08h30
Registration opens at 07h30
(or register on Friday 21st Nov at Dirtopia Trail Centre, Delvera)
Delheim Wine Estate, Knorhoek Rd off the R44 near Stellenbosch
Directions to the venue: Visit www.delheim.com
The Simonsberg Trail system that is managed by Dirtopia have had some more trail work since last year, so don’t miss a weekend of events with a Trail Run, a MTB funride, a nightride and an All-Mountain-Enduro!
Join the DIRTOPIA ALL MOUNTAIN ENDURO group on Facebook to stay updated on all events and info
Enduro Riding (5 Stages)
The concept is a lot of fun – riders get timed only on certain sections, which make a very social event, especially at the refreshment station where they re-group. The atmosphere is relaxed with no rush anywhere, except when you gun it between check points!
Timing: Have to own an Amarider Trail Tag. R100 or take a yearly Amarider membership of R225 and a Tag is included! Trail Tags will be used at all Dirtopia events (MTB & Trail Runs) like Die Burger MTB Challenge, Amarider 100Miler, Spur MTB Classic etc. and more Enduro events.
Watch out for the TAG POINTS at the beginning & end of each stage
MORE ABOUT ENDUROS:
The first event was held at Dirtopia MTB Festival, Greyton in December’12 and proved to be a lot of fun. We’d like to bring you more of this great riding and improve the system in the process.
Based on the successful Mavic Trans Provence concept the idea is to bring riding and the results linked to it back to mountain biking and away from the current endurance-only formats. That said, it is not the idea to make the race highly technical as per downhill racing, but simply to focus the competition on the trails component of the sport. And yes, perhaps your skinny tire 29’er carbon hardtail is perhaps not the best choice of bike, although the course will certainly be rideable on it!
At the Dirtopia Enduro, you’ll still be climbing and even be timed on some of these sections. We will make most of the jeeptracks and roads ‘neutral’ or ‘liaison’ sections. You will still be required to ride these. The overall descent of the race will be more than the uphill.
Waterpoint with fruit etc will be placed at a strategic point (Pepper Tree) to assist with rider support. The beauty of the format is that you can relax a bit at this station and catch your breath before tagging into the next Special Stage.
Timing will be managed in real-time with @trailtag and riders will check in and out of the Special stages
This means that riders will enter special stages 1 by 1, so no bunfight to get trail position on the singletrack.
1. Only ride with your own TrailTag & ALL entrants must have a permanent Trail Tag
2. Wear the tag around your right wrist like a watch. Not around your ankle please.
3. The reader is powerful enough to read through arm warmers etc.
Timing data streams live to the internet www.trailtag.co.za
* Remember ONLY pre-entries will be accepted
* You'll use the Trail Tag at most Dirtopia events and many trails in the future
Please note: Payments must be received by Wednesday, 19th November 2014 (when pre-entries close) otherwise your entry will be subsequently cancelled.
Remember if you submit your entry form after the closing date of pre-entries you will required to pay the outstanding fee as it will be regarded as a late entry.
021 884 4752
Indemnity And Disclaimer
All riders agree to and hereby bind themselves to the following indemnity:
1. The rider undertakes and agrees to ride the trails and use the area entirely at his or her own risk.
2.The rider hereby waives and shall have no claim whatsoever against Dirtopia CC, Amarider, Welvanpas Trails or any other land owners, any individual organiser or contractor, official, assistant, helper, representative or agent, the sponsors, any local authority or their employees, hereinafter referred to as the parties, in respect of any injury, loss or damage that the entrant may suffer arising from any injury to the person or property of the entrant, caused directly or indirectly by the negligence, albeit gross, of one or more of the afore-mentioned parties.
3. The riders undertakes not to hold any of the parties liable if he or she or any dependent or his or her estate suffers loss or damage which was caused directly or indirectly from participation on the properties, including, but without limiting the generality of the afore-going, any loss or damage due to physical injury or death or the physical injury or death of another person, or due to patrimonial loss or damage, and in which ever manner the damage or loss was caused, including the negligence of the parties.
4. The rider indemnifies the parties against all liability for above mentioned losses or damages and confirms that this acceptance of risk, undertaking and indemnity is also binding on his or her estate.
5. The entrant confirms that this indemnity extends to the participation of any event, including his or her arrival at the property and departure there from and attendance at any ceremony or function therof.
6. The rider accepts that, without limiting the generality of the afore-going, the parties and the owners or managers of the venue shall accept no responsibility or liability for any injury, howsoever caused, to any person while on the premises or while utilizing the facilities theron, as well as in respect of any patrimonial loss or damage, howsoever caused, suffered by any person while on the premises or while utililizing the facilities theron.
7. Should the rider be a minor, the parent, guardian or adult supervisor of the minor confirms that the minor is riding the trails on the farms at his or her own risk and indemnifies the parties against claims by such minor.
8. The rider or, in the case of a minor, the parent or guardian, confirms that her or she has read and understands the effect of this indemnity.
9. All or any of the parties may accept the benefits which accrue to them in terms of this indemnity at any time after it has been signed by the participant.
10. I agree to abide by the rules as stipulated by the landowners and the organisers, including the waiver.
The wearing of helmets is compulsory