50, 21.1 & 10km
07 Sep 2014
KwaZulu - Natal
Lifestyle Centre, Ballito
Online Start Date:
02 Jul 2014
Online End Date:
31 Aug 2014
Harry / Gary
082 450 6418 / 076 349 9510
Distance & Entry Fee
50km Runner R171 (Only Licensed Club Runners)
21km Run / Walk - R91.20
10km Run / Walk - R57
Pre-entries Only For All Events
Temporary License Available
21km - R31
10km - R21
50km, 21.1km and 10km at 06h00
Lifestyle Centre Ballito
Ashton International College Ballito
Confirmation OF Entries
Timingchips for 21.1, 50km and 10km will be available for collection on Saturday 6th September between 10.00 and 13:00 and on the morning of the race from 04:30, location entrance to Super Spar
Confirmation of entry:
An SMS or email will be sent as confirmation of entry.
Entries 50, 21.1 & 10 All Pre Entry Only
Comrades And Two Oceans Qualifier
2015 comrades and two oceans qualifier
You will qualify to enter the Comrades Marathon if you finish the 50 km race inunder 6 hours, and the Two Oceans Marathon if you finish in under 5 hours and 30 minutes.
Cut Off Times
50km - 6 Hours
21km - 4 Hours
The race starts in the coastal town of Ballito among the rolling sugar cane fields of the Dolphin Coast (Ballito off the N2). The course is challenging but the scenery is breathtaking
Tea, coffee and biscuits @ Finish for 50km Runners Only
11 refreshment tables along the route with Coke and water
Bananas and biscuits on 50km route
Toilets at start and finish as well as on the route
Tog bag facilities
Entertainment, food and refreshments at the finish
Club tents may be erected at the Finish
All events start at the Ballito Lifestyle Centre, with parking available behind the
Lifestyle Centre at the Ashton College 500 m from the start. The route will be closed to seconding. Refreshment tables are available at 3 km intervals. Athletes who have completed six 50 km runs will be awarded permanent race numbers.
Facilities Available: Tea, coffee and biscuits are available for 50 km finishers. 12 refreshment tables will be set up along the route with Coke and water. Bananas and biscuits are available along the 50 km route after 12 km. Toilets at start and finish as well along the route. Tog bag facilities, entertainment, food and bar facilities will be provided at the finish. Club tents may be erected at the finish.
The organisers support the North Coast Courier Orphan Fund, a registered charity which raises funds to help with the care and education of destitute youngsters. If you would like to contribute to this worthy cause, please indicate the amount of your donation in the payment section above.
1. There will be a 3-hour cut-off for the 50km event at the 25km mark.
2. Club licence numbers must be worn on the back and front of your vest / crop top.
3. All 50km runners must be licensed and a member of a club.
4. Club colours must be worn.
5. KZN Athletics approved age category & walker tags must be worn on the front and back of the vest/crop top.
6. Minimum age: 50km - 20 years on the day of the race; 21,1km - 16 years on the day of the race; 10km - 15 years on the day of the race.
7. Temporary licences are available for the 21,1km at R25 and for the 10km event at R15. Must be worn on plain coloured vests with no advertising
8. The race will be run according to IAAF, ASA and KZNA rules.
9. No personal seconding will be allowed.
10. This race is subject to foreign IAAF rules 4.2 and 142.
11. Traffic officials and marshals must be obeyed.
12. Prize-giving will be held at 9:00 (10 km), 10:00 (21,1 km) and 12:00 (50 km).
From Durban take the N2 North. Take the Ballito off-ramp. Turn rigth into Ballito. Turn right at the traffic circle into the Lifestyle Centre
Sangweni Tourism Centre at 032 946 1997
Zimbali View Eco Guesthouse, Ballito Contact Herbie Ellison GM 083 252 1575
Harry Botha: 082 450 6418
Gary Henwood-Fox: 076 349 9510
10km @ 9.00
21km @ 10.00
50km @ 12.00
I agree to abide by the rules of the event. I will participate in the race at my own risk and I hereby indemnify all national and provincial bodies, local authorities, sponsors and organisers of the race against any action or claim of whatsoever nature which may result from my participation in this event.