The Third Medal In Our New Series!
28 Mar 2015
Denel Irene Campus
Online Start Date:
16 Feb 2015
Online End Date:
23 Mar 2015
Corrie Fourie / Kierie van der Schyff / Themba Mqakanya
083 629 2644 / 082 804 4803 / 083 474 7791
Distance & Entry Fee
21.1km & 10km R36 ( GM, GGM & GGGM 60yrs+)
Temporary Licences R36
Fun Run / Walk R36
21.1 / 10km Run / Walk 06:00
Fun / Run 06:10
Different Starting Points
Denel Irene Campus
S 25o 53.413'
E 28o 11'429'
Entries on the day from 04:30 to 05:55
To avoid traffic congestion, come early - only one entrance gate!
Rules & Information For 10 & 21.1km Races
1. Race run according to the rules of ASA and AGN.
2. Temporary licenses will be available @ R30,00.
3. Minimum age: 15 years for 10 km and 16 years for 21.1 km. To qualify as Junior a participant must be under the age of 20 on the 31st December 2015.
4. Category winners: Proof of age to be produced on request.
5. Time-limit: 2 hrs for the 10km and 4 hours for 21.1 km.
6. All registered athletes must participate with 2015 ASA number on back and the race number on front of vest / shirt.
7. Athletes not registered must wear temporary licenses on back and the race number on front of vest / shirt.
8. Prescribed numerical age category id tags must be worn by all runners and walkers competing for category prizes. Please ensure that these tags are attached in the prescribed positions, and are clearly visible. Further note that category winners must attend the prize giving in person.
9. All walkers must wear prescribed “W” id tags on the front and back of their vests. These tags must be attached in the prescribed positions and clearly visible. Walkers without these tags will be considered as runners.
10. Both the 10km and 21.1km races are suitable for athletes in wheelchairs. Unfortunately the fun run is not suitable for wheelchairs as the road is partially gravel and grass road.
11. Race results will only be published on the Internet (www.raceresults.co.za ).
12. No baby-strollers or dogs on leashes are allowed on the 10 and 21,1 km races.
13. Traffic officers, race marshals and referees must be obeyed at all times.
14. Objections must be lodged, in writing, within 30 minutes after the relevant prize giving, together with a fee of R200 to be handed to the referee.
15. Foreign athletes must also adhere to IAAF rule 4, paragraph 2.
16. No iPods, or any other sound system with earphones, are allowed while participating.
17. Water points approximately every 3 km.
18. Medical assistance will be available.
19. A variety of food stalls.
Participation at own risk. The Organisers accept no responsibility for any loss, damage or injuries.
Pre-entries at various sports stores in Pretoria - closing date 23rd March 2015
RUN-A-WAY SPORT, 302 Freesia Street, Lynwood Ridge - (012) 361 3733
The Sweat Shop, Southdowns Shopping Centre, Irene - (012) 665 0048
Running Inn, Cnr Duncan and Lynnwood - (012) 362 7322
The Runner's Store, The Tramshed, corner Schoeman and van der Walt Street, Pretoria - (012) 320 0055
Pre-entries at various Sweat Shops in Johannesburg - close 23rd March 2015
Contact Elvis at (012) 665 0048
Silver medals to all finishers within the time limit.
The first 3 000 medals (10km - 1 600; 21.1km - 1 400) will be handed out on the day of the race, the rest will be available at different races within Gauteng North until the end of June 2015.
Fun Run: Medals to all finishers. No prize money.
PLEASE NOTE: THERE IS NO TOG-BAG AREA