RACE IS ON SUNDAY 23rd FEBRUARY 2014
Go The Distance
T-Shirts will be given to the first 6,500 pre-entries.
Wheelchair athletes are advised that the 10km’s is recommended. Those attempting the 21km over Klapperkop will require assistance over the animal grids.
23 Feb 2014
Pretoria High School Old Boys Club Hofmeyr c/o Kings Highway and Queens Crescent Park Lynnwood
Online Start Date:
27 Nov 2013
Online End Date:
09 Feb 2014
Bert / Richard / Graham
082 922 6817 / 083 399 2931 / 076 246 5185
Distance & Entry Fee
42.2km Grand Masters 60yrs+ R91.20
21.1km Run R91.20
21.1km Run Grand Masters 60yrs+ R68.40
10km Run R68.40
10km Run Grand Masters 60yrs+ R46
10km Walk R68.40
10km Walk Grand Masters 60yrs R51
Temp Licence R36
For every entry received, R2.50 will be donated to the Adopt-a-School Foundation
06:00 (42.2 km and 21.1 km run)
06:20 (10 km run / walk)
Pretoria High School Old Boys Club Hofmeyr Park c/o Kings Highway and Queens Crescent Lynnwood
GPS Coordinates: S188.8.131.52 E184.108.40.206
All entrants can collect their race numbers and t-shirts before the race at the Race Expo held at Pretoria High School Old Boys Club (c/o Kings Highway and Queens Crescent, Lynnwood)
Race Expo times
• Thursday & Friday (20 & 21 February 2014) between 10am and 7pm
• Saturday (22 February 2014) between 10am and 3pm
• Prize money and gold medals to all category winners.
• Medals will be awarded to all finishers within the cut-off time.
• Tog bag facilities available at own risk.
• Live music en route.
• Refreshments on sale.
• All club tents welcome (fire extinguishers mandatory).
• Physiotherapists at finish.
• All prize winners to present valid original ID or passport documents.
• Winners must attend the prize giving personally.
• Full bar facilities available and ample showers and toilets.
• Jumping castle for children.
• Coke and sports drinks will be available at alternate water points.
• Medical support will be provided for emergencies
Ample parking arranged by Rotary Club Hatfield (proceeds of parking go to Rotary Club of Hatfield Charities).
08:00 (10km run / walk)
09:00 (21.1km run)
10:30 (42.2km run)
Cut Off Times
11:30 (all events)
1. The race will be run in accordance with the rules of ASA and AGN.
2. Athletes must wear the official race number on front and the 2014 licence/temporary licence number on the back of the running vest.
3. Age restrictions:
- Minimum age of 15 years on the day of the race for 10 km
- Minimum age of 16 years on the day of the race for 21.1 km
- Minimum age of 20 years on the day of the race for 42.2 km.
4. Obey all marshals, traffic authorities and traffic rules.
5. Age category tags (e.g. 40, 50, 60, and 70) must be worn on the front and back by athletes competing for category prizes. Age category winners will be required to produce acceptable proof of age.
6. In the 10km walk category, athletes must display the “W” and age category to be eligible for prize money.
7. Race results will be available on www.raceresults.co.za
8. Wheelchair entrants are welcome provided that you are aware that you may require a runner to assist over the animal grids on Klapperkop.
9. Foreign athletes must comply with IAAF Rule 4, paragraph 2, with regards to handing over permits to the organiser.
10. No seconding is allowed.
11. All runners and walkers participate at their own risk.
12. Prizes can only be won for the race officially entered.
13. Litter must be thrown into the bins provided on route.
14. No Ipods allowed
15. No dogs allowed
Bert: 082 922 6817
Richard: 083 399 2931
Graham: 076 246 5185
Ryan: 082 855 8472
Dimitri: 082 773 3603
For race information, please visit:
I agree to abide by the rules of the event. I will participate in the race at my own risk and hereby indemnify the national and provincial bodies, sponsors and organisers of the race against any action or claim of whatever nature, which may result out of my participation in the event.
- The Sweatshop (012) 665 0048
(Southdowns - Irene)
- Run-A-Way Sport (012) 361 3733
- Running Inn (012) 362 7322
- The Sweatshop (Dunkeld) (011) 325 2567
- Running Inn (Kensington) (011) 615 0878