Date: Sunday, 1st March 2015
- 42km & 21km PRE-ENTRY ONLY RACES
- 10km Entries will be available on Race Day
- Race For Success
- T-Shirts will be given to the first 5 500 pre-entries
- Wheelchair athletes are advised that the 10km is recommended. Those attempting the 21km over Klapperkop will require assistance over the animal grids.
01 Mar 2015
Pretoria High School Old Boys Club Hofmeyr c/o Kings Highway and Queens Crescent Park Lynnwood
Online Start Date:
20 Nov 2014
Online End Date:
15 Feb 2015
Graham / Richard / Ryan / Dimitri
076 246 5185 / 083 399 2931 / 082 855 8472 / 082 773 3603
Distance & Entry Fee
42.2km Great Grand Masters 70yrs+ R91.20
21.1km Run R114
21.1km Run Great Grand Masters 70yrs+ R68.40
10km Run R68.40
10km Run Great Grand Masters 70yrs+ R46
10km Walk R68.40
10km Walk Great Grand Masters 70yrs R51
Temp Licence R36
For every entry received, R2.50 will be donated to the Adopt-a-School Foundation
06:00 (42.2 km and 21.1 km run)
06:20 (10 km run / walk)
Pretoria High School Old Boys Club Hofmeyr Park c/o Kings Highway and Queens Crescent Lynnwood
GPS Coordinates: S220.127.116.11 E18.104.22.168
Online entries close Sunday 15th February 2015.
Entries at stores close Wednesday 25th February.
Entries at PHOBIANS Club close Saturday 28th February for the 42km & 21km races.
Entries for the 10km will be available on race day.
Note: No t-shirts will be handed out on race day.
Store Entries ( Collection At The Store)
- The Sweatshop (012) 665 0048 (Southdowns Shopping Centre Irene)
- Run-A-Way Sport (012) 361 3733 (302 Freesia Street Lynnwood Ridge)
- Running Inn (012) 362 7322 (C/O Duncan and Lynnwood Rd)
- The Sweatshop (Dunkeld) (011) 325 2567 (Cnr Jan Smuts Ave & Bompass Rd Dunkeld)
- The Sweatshop (Bedfordview) (011) 450 2421 (Shop 5 Bedford Arcade
Online entries can be collected from the requested pickup points:
- Sweat Shop - Bedfordview on Thursday 26th February from 10h00 to 18h00
- Sweat Shop - Dunkeld on Friday 27th February from 10h00 to 18h00
Pretoria High School Old Boys Club (Phobians) on Friday 27th and Saturday 28th February from 10h00 to 18h00
Late entries for all races will be available from the Pretoria High School Old Boys Club (Phobians) until Saturday 28th February. Only 10km run and walk entries on race day at premium price.
• Prize money and gold medals to all category winners.
• Medals will be awarded to all finishers within the cut-off time.
• Tog bag facilities available at own risk.
• Live music en route.
• Refreshments on sale.
• All club tents welcome (fire extinguishers mandatory). Tents must be erected on the Saturday before the race day. No vehicles will be allowed on the sports fields on race day.
• Physiotherapists at finish.
• All prize winners to present valid original ID or passport documents.
• Winners must attend the prize giving personally.
• Full bar facilities available and ample showers and toilets.
• Jumping castle for children.
• Coke and sports drinks will be available at alternate water points.
• Medical support will be provided for emergencies
Ample parking arranged by Rotary Club Hatfield (proceeds of parking go to Rotary Club of Hatfield Charities).
08:00 (10km run / walk)
09:00 (21.1km run)
10:30 (42.2km run)
11:30 (all events)
1. The race will be run in accordance with the rules of ASA and AGN.
2. Athletes must wear the official race number on front and the 2015 licence/temporary licence number on the back of the running vest.
3. Age restrictions:
- Minimum age of 15 years on the day of the race for 10km
- Minimum age of 16 years on the day of the race for 21.1km
- Minimum age of 20 years on the day of the race for 42.2km
4. Obey all marshals, traffic authorities and traffic rules.
5. Age category tags (e.g. 40, 50, 60, and 70) and a “J” must be worn on the front and back by athletes competing for category prizes. Age category winners will be required to produce acceptable proof of age.
6. In the 10km walk category, athletes must display the “W” tags on front and back of their vests and age category to be eligible for prize money.
7. Race results will be available on www.raceresults.co.za
8. Wheelchair entrants are welcome provided that you are aware that you may require a runner to assist over the animal grids on Klapperkop.
9. Foreign athletes must comply with IAAF Rule 4, paragraph 2, with regards to handing over permits to the organiser.
10. No seconding is allowed.
11. All runners and walkers participate at their own risk.
12. Prizes can only be won for the race officially entered.
13. Litter must be thrown into the bins provided on route.
14. No listening devices like I-Pods allowed
15. No pets allowed
16. Medical Support will be present on race day
I agree to abide by the rules of the event. I will participate in the race at my own risk and hereby indemnify the national and provincial bodies, sponsors and organisers of the race against any action or claim of whatever nature, which may result out of my participation in the event.
42.2 km R5 000 1st man to better 2:22:19 (2014 - Raphael Segodi)
R5 000 1st woman to better 2:50:40 (2014 - Yolandi McClean)
21.1 km R3 000 1st man to better 65:25 (2013 - Kgosi Tsosane
R3 000 1st woman to better 76:06 (2007 - Thabita Tsatsa)
10 km run R2 000 1st man to better 29:38 (2013 - Gladwin Mzazi)
R2 000 1st woman to better 34:40 (2013 - Rutendo Nyahora)