The Simonsberg Trail system that is managed by Dirtopia have had some more trail work since last year, so don’t miss a weekend of events with a Trail Run, a MTB funride, a nightride and an All-Mountain-Enduro!
Trailrunning on the Saturday, followed by a Nightride in the evening and the more exciting mountain bike events will take place on the Sunday.
A 12km route with awesome singletrack sections on the slopes of Simonsberg with a 7km option for the less fit. More experienced and fit singletrack junkies can tackle the tough 25km route, while the extreme adrenaline junkies can race against time on the five stages of the Enduro event.
All entries are limited for this special event, so it is recommended to pre-enter.
23 Nov 2014
Delheim Wine Estate, Knorhoek Rd off the R44 near Stellenbosch
Online Start Date:
15 Oct 2014
Online End Date:
19 Nov 2014
021 884 4752 / email@example.com
Distance & Entry Fee
Ama Rider & Tag Holder
Late Entry Fee
Permanent Amarider Trail Tag R100
(You'll use the Trail Tag at most Dirtopia events and many trails in the future)
Riders can choose a 7km option or the 12km ride with good climbing and singletrack sections. Mountain bikers that need more of a challenge can attempt the 25km to new trails with more than 800m of climbing! Outdoor enthusiasts will love the fantastic trails in the Simonsberg Conservancy. Some have been used for Die Burger MTB Challenge long distances and new sections have been built as well. This is real mountain biking.
There will be waterpoints on the routes, medals for all and timing both the runners & the mountain bikers by the Amarider Trail Tag system.
There are great prizes to be won afterwards including Delheim wines. There will be coffee & muffins for sale in the morning and remember to book your lunch at the restaurant and enjoy the Spring day in the Stellenbosch winelands.
In Aid of the Simonsberg Conservancy www.simonsbergconservancy.co.za
Depends on distance, time of entry. Ranges from R70 to R120.
Ama members discount with pre-entries.
Goodys for pre-entries only.
Pre-entries close on Wednesday, 19th November and all entries are limited.
Please note: Payments must be received by Wednesday, 19th November 2014 (when pre-entries close) otherwise your entry will be subsequently cancelled.
Remember if you submit your entry form after the closing date of pre-entries you will required to pay the outstanding fee as it will be regarded as a late entry.
Please Note: NO refunds. No substitututions. An admin fee will be charged for route changes at registration
021 884 4752
Indemnity And Disclaimer
All riders agree to and hereby bind themselves to the following indemnity:
1. The rider undertakes and agrees to ride the trails and use the area entirely at his or her own risk.
2.The rider hereby waives and shall have no claim whatsoever against Dirtopia CC, Amarider, Delheim Wine Estate, any other land owners, any individual organiser or contractor, official, assistant, helper, representative or agent, the sponsors, any local authority or their employees, hereinafter referred to as the parties, in respect of any injury, loss or damage that the entrant may suffer arising from any injury to the person or property of the entrant, caused directly or indirectly by the negligence, albeit gross, of one or more of the afore-mentioned parties.
3. The riders undertakes not to hold any of the parties liable if he or she or any dependent or his or her estate suffers loss or damage which was caused directly or indirectly from participation on the properties, including, but without limiting the generality of the afore-going, any loss or damage due to physical injury or death or the physical injury or death of another person, or due to patrimonial loss or damage, and in which ever manner the damage or loss was caused, including the negligence of the parties.
4. The rider indemnifies the parties against all liability for above mentioned losses or damages and confirms that this acceptance of risk, undertaking and indemnity is also binding on his or her estate.
5. The entrant confirms that this indemnity extends to the participation of any event, including his or her arrival at the property and departure there from and attendance at any ceremony or function therof.
6. The rider accepts that, without limiting the generality of the afore-going, the parties and the owners or managers of the venue shall accept no responsibility or liability for any injury, howsoever caused, to any person while on the premises or while utilizing the facilities theron, as well as in respect of any patrimonial loss or damage, howsoever caused, suffered by any person while on the premises or while utililizing the facilities theron.
7. Should the rider be a minor, the parent, guardian or adult supervisor of the minor confirms that the minor is riding the trails on the farms at his or her own risk and indemnifies the parties against claims by such minor.
8. The rider or, in the case of a minor, the parent or guardian, confirms that her or she has read and understands the effect of this indemnity.
9. All or any of the parties may accept the benefits which accrue to them in terms of this indemnity at any time after it has been signed by the participant.
10. I agree to abide by the rules as stipulated by the landowners and the organisers, including the waiver.
The wearing of helmets is compulsory