Organized by:SOMERSET EAST ATHLETIC CLUB
In conjunction with Blue Crane Tourism Board
IT'S A HILL ..........GET OVER IT!!!
PEARSTON to SOMERSET EAST
This is a participation League Event (50km & 25km)
22 Mar 2014
Pearston to Somerset East
Online Start Date:
07 Feb 2014
Online End Date:
19 Mar 2014
Riaan v.d. Walt / Benice Putter
042 243 2008 / 083 448 3037
Distance & Entry Fee
Temporary Licence R31
07:30 (5km Walk / Run )
50km: Pearston Town Hall
25km: Top of Bruintjieshoogte Pass.
15km: Swaershoek Turn-off
5km Walk / Run: Somerset East Tourism Hub.
Finish: Somerset East Tourism Hub (GPS - 32o42'56"S 25o34'28"E)
Race labels to be collected on Friday evening from 18:00 at the Somerset East Tourism Hub or morning of race at the Pearston Town Hall (50km from 04h15) top of Bruintjieshoogte. (25km from 05h15), Swaershoek Turn-off (05h15)
Transport to Pearston:
50km bus leaves at 3:45 am from Gill Junior Hostel.
Transport to 25km & 15km: Bus leaves at 5:15 am from Gill Junior Hostel
R20.00 payable for transport at registration
1. Temporary Licence numbers available at R25 To be worn on back of vest.
2. 2014 licence numbers to be worn at front of vest.
3. This race is a qualifier for the Two Oceans and Comrades Marathon.
4. Athletes competing for a category prize must wear age category I.D. tags (front and back).
5. Age limit –
* 50km - 20years or older on day of race.
* 25km -16years or older on day of race
* 15km - 15years or older on day of race.
6. The wearing of earphones or headsets is prohibited and will lead to disqualification
7. Prize Giving: Somerset East Tourism Hub
8. Pasta Party:Friday at Somerset East Tourism Hub 18:30 – 21:00.
9. Meals for sale after race.
10. Entries will be accepted at: (until Wednesday 19th March 2014)
11. Split times at 42km until 5 hours – Time keeper.
12. Seconding every 3km. No personal seconding allowed.
13. Permanent numbers for 10 completed races.
Race held in accordance with the rules of ASA and EPA.
Gill Primary Hostel Accommodation: Tel: 042 243 2997
OTHER: Ross Turner Tel. 042-243 1448 Cell. 073 698 6539
5km Walk / Run
No pre-race entries
Run or walk. Minimum age 9yrs. Bronze medal to all finishers
No prizes only lucky draws
Riaan v.d. Walt
Tel.: 042 243 2008
Cell : 083 446 8260
Fax : 042 243 1705
Cell: 083 448 3037
Fax: 086 685 3768
I declare that I will abide by the rules and regulations of ASA and EPA and will obey traffic officers and officials at all times. I am medically fit and participate at my own risk and will not hold the organizers, EPA or the sponsors liable for any claim, loss or injury incurred as a result of my participation in the event.
Temporary licensed participants – Registered athletes are covered by a group personal accident insurance scheme. Details may be obtained from your club/province. Temporary licensed participants are therefore urged to join an affiliated athletics club. Details obtainable from the EPA Office 041 374 2818. . Runners using temporary licenses shall produce proof of age on race day to qualify for prizes.