15 / 32km PRE-ENTRY ONLY. LIMITED TO 5000 PARTICIPANTS
Last Long Run - Fine Tune Your Comrades Prep
Fast. Flat. 2 Lapper
04 May 2014
Boksburg City Stadium, Cnr. Jubilee and Dudley Smith Roads, Boksburg South
Online Start Date:
12 Dec 2013
Online End Date:
06 Apr 2014
011 917 3721 09:00 – 12:00 (Monday to Friday)
Distance & Entry Fee
32km Senior (Open) to Master (20 to 59) R125.40
32km Grandmaster (60 to 69) R68.40
32km Great Grandmasters (70+) FREE
(proof of age on request)
Temporary Licence R31
15km Junior (Up to age 19) R68.40
15km Senior (Open) to Master (20 to 59) R68.40
15km Grandmaster (60 to 69) R36
15km Great Grandmasters (70+) FREE
(proof of age on request)
Temporary Licence R21
6km Fun Run / Walk (Entries Race Day Only)
Kids 50m Star Dash
Kids 8 years and younger
06h30 (15km & 32km)
No Starters After 06h40
07h00 6km Fun Run / Walk
10h00 Kids 50m Star Dash
Boksburg City Stadium (Cnr. Jubilee and Dudley Smith Roads, Boksburg South)
GPS: S 26° 14.13’ E 28° 16.62’
Enter on Line entries can be collected on Saturday May 03, 2014 from 09:30 – 13:30 or on race day from 05:00 until 06:15 .
On-line entries - Entrants MUST BRING a copy of entry and payment as proof. Collection can only be done with this as confirmation.
T-shirts & Goodie Bag & Medal
Sponsor’s Products, T -Shirts and Medals to 5000 finishers, finishing within the cut off time, after completion of the race .
Medals to the first 700 finishers in the 6km fun run / walk.
1 . Enquiries: Secretary (01 1) 917 -3721 09 :00 – 1 2:00 (Monday to Friday)
2 . On- line entries - Entrants MUST BRING a copy of entry and payment as proof. Collection can only be done with this as confirmation.
3 . Race results available at www.raceresults.co.za
+ /- 3 weeks after race day
4 . Refreshments will be on sale.
5 . Secure parking and tog bag area. Ample toilets and shower facilities available. (PLEASE NOTE ) whilst best care will be taken at the tog bag and parking area in the grounds , Boksburg Athletic Club and their Sponsor will not be held liable for any losses . Car guards will be in attendance in the Boksburg Stadium grounds.
6 . Coke and water provided at refreshments stations, every 3kms. Please drop litter at refreshment points .
7 . Sponsor’s Products, T -Shirts and Medals to 5000 finishers, finishing within the cut off time, after completion of the race.
8 . Medals to the first 700 finishers in the 6km fun run / walk.
9 . “Star Dash” for children 8 years or younger will start at 10:00 . Medals to all finishers.
10. Prize giving at 09:00 for the 15km and 10:30 for the 32km.
11. Parking of vehicles outside of the Boksburg City Stadium will be at the sole risk of the driver of the vehicle
12. Enter on Line entries can be collected on Saturday May 03, 2014 from 09:30 – 13:30 or on race day from 05:00 until 0615
13. This race is sanctioned by CGA.
14. Medical support will be available at the stadium and on the route on race day.
15. Race updates on www.boksburgathleticclub.co.za
Rules 15 / 32km
1. Participants must have a valid 2014 licence number or temporary licence. Licensed participants must wear club colours and BOTH licence numbers (front and back) and be a member of a club affiliated to ASA. Licence number to be visible at all times.
2. Temporary licenced participants to wear plain clothing. No advertising allowed.
3. COLGATE Race Number to be worn on top of 2014 licence number on front of vest (licensed participants). COLGATE Race Number to be worn on front of vest (temporary licensed participants). 2014 licence number or temporary licence number to be worn on back of vest.
4. Temporary licences sold at an additional R25.00 for the 32km and R15.00 for the 15km.
5. Participants in the 32km must be 19 years or older on race day. Participants in the 15km must be 15 years or older on race day. Participants in the 15km and 32km participate at their own risk.
6. Race is held under the auspices of ASA and CGA. The race is run in accordance with the rules of ASA and CGA.
7. A participant is NOT eligible for a prize in more than one age category, i.e. an athlete is only eligible for a prize in the age category applicable to him/her or the younger category chosen by him/her provided he / she is wearing the relevant age category tag. A participant, male or female who finishes the race in first to third position may, however, win his / her position prize as well as any applicable age category prize. Appropriate numerical age category tags (including Juniors) must be worn on the front and back of the vest by athletes competing for category prizes. Positive identification to verify proof of age must be provided to the referees, prior to prize giving, by ALL category winners. Prizes will be withheld until confirmed.
8. Numerical Age ID tags to be worn visibly AT ALL TIMES on front and back of vest. Proof of age to be produced on race day, if requested. Prize monies will be withheld until confirmed.
9. Regret no wheelchair participants can be accommodated on this route. No blade, cyclist or mechanically operated devices allowed in the race. No prams or strollers allowed in either the 15km or 32km event.
10. Regrettably no animals allowed.
11. International participants to provide clearance letter to referees in the event of winning a prize, as per IAAF Rule 4, Paragraph 2.
12. No seconding or unauthorised vehicles will be allowed on the route (stand and hand rule applies).
13. Category prize winners MUST be present at prize giving.
14. Cut-off time of 4 hours (10:30) on the 15km and 32km. (Runners will be removed from race route / open road.)
15. Marshalls and Traffic Officers to be obeyed at all times and will be released after 4 hours. Traffic rules to be obeyed at all times. Failure to comply with these instructions may lead to immediate disqualification.
16. Entry Fee is not refundable.
17. Prize monies will ONLY be awarded to par ticipants who have filled in all details on race number tear-off strip. (Athletes that pre-entered are responsible for filling in all details on race number tear-off strip).
18. All runners participate at own risk and it is the responsibility of each athlete to ensure that he or she is medically fit and healthy to participate in the race.
19. No musical ear pieces are allowed to be worn.
20. No faxed or emailed entries will be accepted. No telephonic entries will be entered into.
Rules - 6km Fun Run / Walk
1. Walkers welcome. (Cut off – 1 hour)
2. Regret no wheelchair athletes allowed. No blade, cyclist or mechanically operated devices allowed.Prams / Strollers allowed in the 6km Fun Run ONLY.
3. Marshalls and Traffic Officers to be obeyed at all times and will be released after 1 hour on 6km route. Traffic rules to be obeyed at all times. Failure to comply with these instructions may lead to immediate disqualification.
4. Participants indemnify the national, provincial and regional bodies, sponsors and organisers of the fun run against all and any action of whatsoever nature, whatever may arise out of their participation in the event.
5. Participants must be 9 years or older on race day to compete on their own. Participants under 9 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
6. No musical ear pieces are allowed to be worn.
7. Regrettably no animals allowed.
8. Participants in the 6km participate at their own risk.
I declare that I am a member of an amateur club affiliated to ASA and that I will abide by the rules of ASA and CGA. I indemnify the national, provincial and regional bodies, sponsor and the organisers of the race against all and any action of what soever nature, whatever same might be arising out of my participation in the event.
On -Line Entries: www.entrytime.com
Closing Date: Midnight - April 06, 2014
Full payment must be made when entering. No unpaid online entries will be accepted.
Please bring copy of entry and payment as proof when collecting race number.
Collection can only be done with this as confirmation
Hand Delivered Entries: (Phone to check availability)
(1 ) Boksburg City Stadium, Jubilee Road, Boksburg South, Club Room 2, 011 917-3721 .
(Entries available until Friday May 02, 2014) (Check applicable entry fee )
(2 ) Orlando Community Hall, 12 9 Mooti Street, Orlando East, at a rena opposite Orlando Stadium (Johannes) 073 944 2571. (Entries a vailable until April 30, 2014)
Hand Delivered: Late entries - Saturday May 03, 2014 Boksburg City Stadium,
Information Kiosk, from 09:00 – 13:30
. Sports Shops: (Closing date at Sport Shops – Midnight - April 30, 2014)
Optimum Running – 1 7 Tim St, Boksburg Wes t 011 383 3115
Bedford Runner - Van Buuren Road, Bedfordview 011 450 1847
Randburg Runner – Cnr 4th/ 5th Ave, Linden 011 888 9644
Running Inn - Cnr Nicol and Van Buuren Rd, Bedfordview 011 450 284 7
Running Inn – 7 51 Duncan Road, Brooklyn, Pretoria 012 362 7322
Run-A-Wa y Sports – Lynnwood Road, Pretoria 012 361 3738
Sportsmans Warehouse – East Rand Value Mall, Boksburg 011 823 3203
Sweat Shop Dunkeld – Jan Smuts Avenue 011 325 2567
Sweat Shop Fourways – Fourways Crossing 011 467 5966
Sweat Shop Southdowns – Irene 012 665 0048
Entries will be accepted at the following races:
Dischem 21 /5 km Bedfordview C.C. 12 January 2014
Johnson Crane 4 2/ 21 km Old Bens - Benoni 26 January 2014
Striders 32 /1 5km Springs Rugby Club 02 February 2014
Pick and Pay 42/21/ 8km/4 km Saheti School 09 February 2014
Pirates 21km Pirates Club 16 February 2014
Sarens 4 2/2 1km Edenvale High School 09 March 2014
Jackie Gibson 42 /21 km Kliprivers berg Rec Centre 30 March 2014
Alan Robb Harcourts 3 2/ 15 km Germiston Stadium 06 April 2014
Slow Mag 10/2 1/ 42 /50km Benoni Northerns 27 April 2014