The 21.1km Is The Second Leg Of The 2014 IRENE TRIPLE CHALLENGE
20 Sep 2014
Irene Village Mall Cnr of Nellmapius Dr and Van Ryneveld Avenue Irene
Online Start Date:
07 Aug 2014
Online End Date:
15 Sep 2014
012 662 4446 / 082 937 0733 / 083 284 4884
Distance & Entry Fee
21km & 10km Grand Master 60yrs+ R36
21km & 10km Great Grand Master 70yrs+ FREE
Temporary Licence R36
Irene Village Mall Corner Of Nellmapius Dr And Van Ryneveld Ave Irene
GPS COORDINATES: S 25° 51. 683’ E 28° 15. 044’
1. Registration starts at 4:30am.
2. Distance markers every 1km.
3. Water points every 3km.
4. No pets allowed.
5. Cut off time is 9:30 am.
6. Tog bag area available next to the Clover truck.
7. The route is suitable for wheelchair athletes.
8. Race-day entries will take place at Irene Village Mall from 4:30 am until 5 minutes before the start of the race
Prize Giving & Medals
Prize giving will take place at 8am (10km) and 9am – (21.1km)
Please note: Category winners who are not present at the prize giving will have to collect their prizes/medals at the office of: IRENE ATHLETICS CLUB.
Gold Medals: First 10 (men & women) and winners of each category
Silver Medals: Next 100 (excluding category winners)
Bronze Medals To all finishers races of all (4 000 on race day and remaining medals to be collected at the Irene Village Mall Centre Management)
1. All runners participate at their own risk and indemnify the organisers (Irene Village Mall, Mustard Seed Relationship Marketing CC and the Irene Road Running Club) and sponsors of any liability claims by entering.
2. All participants in the 10km and 21.1km must wear a valid race number on the front and a valid 2014 licence number on the back. Non-registered athletes have to purchase a temporary licence. No licence is required for the 5km race.
3. The race will take place under the rules of ASA, AGN and IAAF and all participants must wear club colours during the race, except if participating with a temporary licence.
4. Marshalls and traffic officials must be obeyed at all times.
5. No seconding is permitted.
6. Minimum age of 15 on race day for the 10km and 16 years for the 21.1km.
7. Category winners must provide proof of age to qualify for prizes (ID or other valid documentation).
8. There’s no age restriction for the 5km.
9. Athletes competing for category prizes must wear official age category ID (front and back of vest).
10. Foreign athletes must observe IAAF rule 4, paragraph 2.
11. No iPods or listening devices are allowed.
12. Walkers competing for prize money must wear Walker/W tags on front and back of vest.
13. Medical support will be available
Tel: 012 662 4446
Cell: 082 937 0733 (Wynand Breytenbach)
083 284 4884 (Joy Nicholl)
Declaration: I declare that I agree to abide by the rules of the event. I will participate in the race at my own risk and hereby indemnify the national and provincial bodies, sponsors and organisers of the race against any action or claim of whatsoever nature, which may result out of my participation in the event.
Sweat Shop Dunkeld: 011 325 2567
Sweat Shop Fourways: 011 467 5966
Sweat Shop Southdowns: 012 665 0048
Run-A-Way Sport: 012 361 3733
Running Inn Pretoria: 012 362 7322
Running Inn Bedfordview: 011 450 2847
Centre Management – Irene Village Mall 012 662 4446