Road & MTB Event
16 Feb 2014
KwaZulu - Natal
Waterside Wimpy, N11 Bypass, Newcastle
Online Start Date:
08 Jan 2014
Online End Date:
12 Feb 2014
Pieter de Bruyn
: 082 343 7772
Distance & Entry Fee
85km Road CSA Licensed Riders R150
85km Road Unlicensed Riders R185
60km Road CSA Licensed Riders R120
60km Road Unlicensed Riders R155
20km Road Fun Riders R90
Off Road MTB
20km & 6km Off Road (Entries On The Day)
06h15 for 85km Men 17-49
06h25 For for 85km Men Vets 50+, & Ladies
06h30 for 60km U16 Boys, U16 Girls, U14 Boys
06h40 For 60km Open Group
07h00 For 20km Road Fun Ride
07h00 For 20km off road
07h10 For 6km off road
Entrants must register & collect race numbers on Saturday, 15th February 2014 @ Waterside Wimpy, Newcastle from 18h00 to 20h00 or on race day Sunday, 16th February 2014 @ Waterside Wimpy, Newcastle from 05h00 to 06h00.
* All riders to produce CSA membership card to collect race number. Riders failing to comply will be required to purchase a day license at a cost of R35-00.
1. The event will be run under the rules & conditions of Cycling South Africa and Kwa Zulu Natal Cycling.
2. The wearing of protective headgear is compulsory. No helmet, No ride!
3. Only handlebars suitable for mass start racing will be allowed. No tri-bars.
4. All competitors must complete the course entirely under their own power and carry enough fluid for their own needs and essential spares.
5. No spectators or seconds are allowed to follow participants in any vehicle or come into contact with any participant during the event.
6. Only Licensed Managers will be allowed.
7. Entering the event a participant confirms that he/she is medically fit to compete & the cycle used is in roadworthy condition.
8. All Traffic Officers, marshals, road signals and signs MUST be obeyed in every instance and participants must use the left hand lane of the road in which they are travelling. Participants will yield to traffic should this be necessary.
9. All decisions by the organisers will be final and no discussion or correspondence will be considered.
10. Any persons under the age of 18 entering the event must obtain the signature of a parent/guardian on the entry form. No persons under the age of 14 may enter the 85km event. Please note 80km cut-off time at 10h30.
11. The event will take place regardless of the weather conditions, unless found unsafe by the Traffic Department or Chief Judge.
12. No refunds will be made under any circumstances.
13. Any transgressions to the rules and conditions may result in disqualification from the event.