4 Races On The Day 42.2km, 21.1km 10km , 5km Dash
An Ideal Event That Offers The Elite, Active & Recreational Runners & Walkers A Unique Race Format!
Ideal Route For A PB - Fast & Flat
Limited Edition Medals To All Finishers 3 500 Medals On The Day!
Comrades & Two Oceans Qualifier
02 Mar 2014
Dick Fourie Stadium, Kliprivier Drive, Three Rivers, Vereeniging
Online Start Date:
22 Nov 2013
Online End Date:
16 Feb 2014
Roelof / Bennie
082 872 6138 / 082 770 1075
Distance & Entry Fee
42.2km - R125.40
21.1km - R91.20
10km - R36
Temporary License R41
Grandmasters 60 yrs + FREE ENTRY (T-shirt R41 Grand Masters Only)
5km Dash R20 (Entries on The Day)
R10 from each 42.2km & 21.1km entry will be donated to the nominated beneficiary of the Kama Game Ranch Vaal Trail Run - www.vaaltrailrun.co.za
42.2km - 06:00
21.1km - 06:00
10km - 06:15
5km - 06:15
42.2km - 5:30
21.1km - 4 hours
10km - none
5km - none
42.2km - 20yrs
21.1km - 16yrs
10km - 15yrs
5km - 9yrs
42.2km - 11h00
21.1km - 08h30
10km - none
5km - none
Pre-entries - Can be collected on the day prior to the race between 14:00 and 16:00 or on race day at the start from 04:30
Late Entries - On race day at the start from 04:30
Venue might change due to road construction. Races will then start 15 min later. Refer to website or 073 303 9957 for updates
1. Wheelchair athletes are welcome in all events but must comply with all the rules. The use of a suitable helmet is compulsory. * Please be aware of pot holes along the route. Only 1 pavemnet to mount.
2. Blind runners welcome, enter on the day directly with the organizers
3. Walkers welcome in the 5km, 10km and 21.1km races
4. Car guards will be in attendance - Please acknowledge their services. Race organisers and sponsors do not accept liability for any damage or losses incurred on the day
5. No refunds on entry fees paid
First 500 Pre-entrants, receive T-shirts
(21.1& 42.2km Only)
A Combined total of 500 T-shirts for both events
Rules & Information
1. The race is run in accordance of ASA and AVT. Registered athletes must be members of a club affiliated to ASA, wear official club colours and wear two 2014 licence numbers on front & back of vest.
- Numbers may not be altered.
2. Race numbers for the 21.1km and 42.2km to be worn on front of vest.10km & 5km runners must display their race tags Runners found on route without official numbers or tags will be removed from route.
3. Non registerd athletes running the 10km, 21.1km & 42.2km must purchase temporary licence numbers wear plain clothing and pin licence number only on back of vest
4. Ensure you purchase the correct colour number for the distance you are running.
5. The race committee reserves the right to accept or reject any entry.
6. Proof of age to be produced on request (birth certificate or ID document).
7. Athletes competing for a category prize must wear numerical ID tags.
8. The open category rule will apply
9. NO SECONDING will be permitted on any part of the race route. No vehicle or bicycle will be allowed to follow runners on the route Any runner who is seconded or followed is liable for disqualification.
10. Refreshment stations will be placed + 3km apart and will be stocked with Cola and water
11. No advertising of any form may be worn by competitors unless sanctioned by the official sponsors
12. Failure to obey rules, referees, traffic marshals or any race official could result in disqualification
13. There will be no officials, traffic officers, marshals or refreshment station workers in attendance on the route after 11h30
14. Runners will not be permitted to start second lap of 42.2km distance after 08h30 (2 hours 30 mins)
15. Distance boards will be placed at each kilometer
16 There will be a tog bag area at the start and this facility is to be used by athletes at own risk
17. All athletes compete at their own risk. Athletes indemnify the National, Provincial and Regional bodies, sponsors and organisers of the race against all or any actions whatsoever nature whatever, that may arise due to participation in any event
18. NO Vaal Athletics Club member may participate in any event on race day
19 Licence numbers may only be worn on running top and not on shorts, and must be clearly displayed
Time Keeping for the 10km, 21.1km & 42.2km races will be done by Chamberlains timekeeping. A full set of results for the 21.1km, 42.2km & 10km races will be published on the internet at - www.raceresults.co.za
Roelof Van Wyk: 082 872 6138
Bennie Botha: 082 770 1075