Organised By Langeberg Athletics Club
Goody Bags To The First 200 Entries
All Three Races End In Witsand.
23 Nov 2013
South Western Districts
Heidelberg tot Witsand
Online Start Date:
08 Oct 2013
Online End Date:
21 Nov 2013
Nico Steyn / BV Kantoor
083 226 3091 / 028 722 1192
Distance & Entry Fee
Temporary License R31
Start Times & Starting Venues
Starting point and time of races:
42.2km: Heidelberg High School Sports Ground at 05h00
21.1km: Zoutpan at 06h00 (Halfway down the R323 to Witsand)
10.4km: Vondeling Primary School at 07h00 (10 km from Witsand on the R323)
All three races end in Witsand.
Registration / Late Entries
Late entries will be accepted on Friday, 22nd Nov 2013 between 17h00 and 20h00 at the Heidelberg High School Sports ground.
Late entries will also be accepted on Saturday morning, 23rd November 2013 at the following times:
04h00 - 04h45 at the Heidelberg Sports ground for all the races.
05h00 - 05h45 at Zoutpan (start of the half marathon)
06h00 - 06h45 at Vondeling Primary School (Start of the 10.4 km race).
Online entries will close on Thursday, 21st November 2013 at midnight.
Vervoer / Transport
Vervoer sal beskikbaar wees vanaf die eindpunt na die beginpunt na afhandeling van die prysuitdeling. Daar word aanbeveel dat atlete hiervan gebruik maak.
Vervoer is beskikbaar die oggend vanaf Witsand kampeer terrein stiptelik om 3:30 teen R35. Kontak Derick Rosseau: 083 588 2538 vir meer inligting.
Transport to the start of the Half marathon will depart from the starting point at Heidelberg High School Sports Ground at 05h00 sharp.
1. The prize giving will take place at 10h30 in Witsand.
2. Tydelike nommers sal beskikbaar wees vir atlete.
3. Walkers are welcome.
4. Die organiseerders aanvaar geen verantwoordelikheid vir inskrywings wat in die pos wegraak nie.
5. Pasta etes sal Vrydagaand beskikbaar wees by Delish, River Breeze en Piatza
6. Noodhulp sal beskikbaar wees en ablusie fasiliteite by begin- en eindpunte.
7. ASWD 21.1km Race Walking Trials (1)
A variety of accommodation is available ranging from “low budget” in the local High School hostel ( 028-722 1455 ) to guest houses or visit the following link for more information: www.witsand.com
or call 028 537 1010 to get more information on accommodation etc. or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you need help.
Toekennings / Awards
Silwer / Silver:
Marathon - sub 3h15min
Half marathon - sub 1h30min
Brons / Bronze : Almal wat die wedloop binne afsnytyd voltooi. Everyone completing the race within the cut-off time.
10, km Awards: Medals to all finishers
Race Rules / Wedloopreëls
1. Held under the rules of ASA and ASWD. All competitors must comply with the rules, regulations and instructions given by officials, marshals and traffic officials. Non-compliance may lead to disqualification. The Race Referee’s decision is final. The Race Organizer reserve the right to accept / reject any entry received.
2. Deelnemers moet in klubklere deelneem en 16 jaar en ouer wees vir die half marathon, en 20 jaar en ouer vir die marathon, 15 jaar vir 10,4 km.
3. Club colours: Athletes must participate in their correct club colours and display the ASA 2013 license number on the backof the vest. All other runners must display temporary number on the back of vest. Race numbers: As provided by the race organisers must be displayed on the front of the vest. No advertising allowed.
4 Die amptelike tydsbeperking is 5 uur 30 min vir die marathon, 3 uur 30 min vir die halfmarathon en 2 uur vir die 10,4km.
5. Refreshment tables: Drinking / Sponging stations shall be provided at every 3 km Intervals. Water and other suitable refreshments shall be available at the start and finish of all races.
6. Road: Athletes must stay on the right hand side of the road at all times, unless instructed differently by the marshals and traffic officers.
7. Seconding: No seconding from cyclists or private vehicles will be allowed on the route. Personal seconding will only be permitted within 1m on either side of a refreshment station. Applicable to all distances
8. Safety Rules (ALL DISTANCES): No Earphones (IAAF Rule 144.2b), Animals (ASA Rule 21.4.1) or Racers (ASA Rule 21.4.3) allowed.
9. Tags: Participants will be eligible for prizes in the OPEN category and the age category for which they have entered provided the relevant OFFICIAL ASWD age category tag or junior tags is displayed front and back. Participants may enter the age category corresponding to their chronological age or any younger category down to SENIOR. (Red age tag or Orange “W” tag).
10. Distance markers: Will be placed at every kilometre.
11. Foreigners: All foreign athletes must comply with IAAF rule 142 and 4.2. Foreign athletes must be a able to produce a letter from their respective federation permitting them to participate on race day.
12. Proof of Age: Athletes must give proof of their age at the request of the Race Referee. (Original ID / Birth Certificate / Permanent Residence Permit
I agree not to hold the Langeberg Athletic Club or any other sponsors, or any persons assisting in the organization or holding of the race liable for any loss, injury or illness, which I may suffer directly or indirectly as a result of participating in the race, or for any damages to my property or loss of my property which I may suffer directly as a result of participating in the race. I confirm that this special agreement is entered into for the benefit of the Langeberg Athletic Club, the sponsor and the persons assisting in the organizing and holding of the race.