This Is A Night Race And All Athletes Are Required To Wear Reflective Clothing Over Their Running Kit For Safety Reasons
28 Jan 2015
Barnard Stadium, Kempton Park
Online Start Date:
29 Sep 2014
Online End Date:
21 Jan 2015
083 386 0796
Distance & Entry Fee
15km Grand Masters 60yrs+ R36
Temporary license R31
5km Fun Run R26
5km Fun Run 19h10
Start & Finish: Barnard Stadium Kempton Park
Between C.R. Swart & Plane Road Latitude: 26° 6’16.52”S Longitude: 28°12’51.47”E
Gold medals to all overall category winners.
Medals to 1200 other finishers.
Trophy for the fastest Club Bus that completes the race within 1hour 45min.
The first 900 finishers of the 15km race will receive a t-shirt.
Refreshment stations every 3km.
Refreshments on sale at the Finish.
Tog bag area.
Cut-off time: 15km 2 hours 10 minutes / 5km Fun Run 2 hrs
Minimum Age: 15km 15years / 5km Fun Run 9 years
Prize Giving: 15km 21h15 / 5km Fun Run 20h30
Trophies for the fastest club bus and the biggest bus in the 15km.
Open: 1st Man / Women R500 2nd Man / Women R350 3rd Man / Women R250
Veteran: 1st Man / Women R300 2nd Man / Women R250
Master: 1st Man / Women R300 2nd Man / Women R250
Grand Master: 1st Man / Women R300 2nd Man / Women R250
Junior: 1st Man / Women R250 2nd Man / Women R200
Rules For 15km
1. The race is run in accordance with the rules of ASA and CGA. Athletes indemnify the national, provincial and regional bodies, sponsors and organizers of the race against any or all actions of whatsoever nature, whatever the same may be arising out of their participation in the race.
2. Registered athletes must wear their 2015 licence number on the back and front of their shirts.
3. Temporary licensed athletes to wear plain clothing with the issued temporary licence number on back, no advertisement allowed.
4. All licensed athletes competing for category prizes must fill in the tear-off strips and must wear numeric category tags, clearly visible back and front.
5. Proof of age for prize winners will be required and to be presented to the referees before prize giving. Prizes will be withheld until confirmed.
6. No seconding is allowed
7. International athletes must provide a clearance letter from their country of origin to the referee in the event of them winning a prize.
8. Regret no wheelchair athletes, blade, cyclist or mechanically / manually operated device allowed in the race.
9. Minimum age of competitors on the day of the race: 15 years.
10. Only South African athletes qualify for team prizes.
11. Teams to be of equal number of men and women.
12. Temporary licensed athletes are eligible for open and category prizes, provided they have the age category tag clearly visible back and front.
13. Club Buses competing for trophies must comprise of 10 members or more, wearing the same Club Colours, and must cross the finish line within 1 minute of the first member crossing the line.
14. Reflective clothing is compulsory.
ON RACE DAY - Late entries & pre-entry collections at the start from 17h00
Online Entries - Closing date for online entries: 21st January 2015.
Pre-entries - Closing date for manual entries: 25th January 2015.
Entries Also Available @
Arwyp’s 24 Hour Pharmacy 20 Pine Avenue, Kempton Park, 1619, Gauteng,Ground Floor.
Glen Acres Spar Glen Acres Shopping Centre, c/o Dann & Monument Road, Glen Marais.
5km Fun Run
Medals to the first 1500 finishers
Special Prize: The school with the most official finishers within the cut-off time wins a LAPTOP and a TABLET, sponsored by Techfusion.
Arwyp Medical Centre
Did you know that Arwyp Medical Centre is a short drive away from O.R Tambo International Airport and we can provide you with all the medical facilities you need? Our pharmacy is the only one in the East Rand which is open 24 hours a day and is available for all your medication and prescription needs. Our casualty department is permanently manned to provide medical care for any emergency.
The hospital also has a team of experts: physiotherapists, occupational therapists, neurosurgeons, orthopedic surgeons and general practitioners. We also specialize in occupational therapy and run an orthopedic workshop. We have opened a clinic at the domestic arrivals terminal at the airport. We specialize in a 24 hour travel and vaccination service, so remember to pop in if you need us on any arrival in or departure from Jozi.
Enjoy the run, keep safe and know that if you need us, we’ll be there for you!