New Venue & New Route.
Social Walkers Welcome!
29th Aug 2015
Province: Western Province
Online Start Date: 08th Jul 2015
Online End Date: 26th Aug 2015
Bossie / Marizelle
Contact Number: 083 462 4400 / 083 407 7625/.
Distance & Entry Fee
Pre Entries(Closing 26 Aug 2015):
21.1km - R 79,00
10km Seniors - R 46,00
10km Juniors - R 31,00
5km - R 26,00
10km Seniors 08:10
10km Juniors 08:10
Entries will be taken at Venue from 06:30
Directions (from Cape Town):
1. Exit from N1/N2 to N7. Once on N7, travel ±30 kms, pass Caltex Oil Refinery on left
2. Exit from N7 to M14 WATCH CAREFULLY for Melkbosstrand left turnoff ±5 kms after Caltex
3. Exit from M14 to R27. Turn right towards Velddrif, travel ±86 kms
4. Exit from R27 to Langebaan Turnoff on your left, travel ± 6 kms
5. Exit right towards Saldanha/Club Mykonos, travel ± 2 kms
6. Exit left towards Club Mykonos entrance, travel ± 2 kms
33°02’53.19 S 18°02’39.68 E
Club Mykonos, Reservations
Tel: 022 707 7000
Langebaan Holiday Homes
Tel: 022 772 0588
Club Mykonos, Langebaan.
1. No personal seconding allowed, except at official refreshment stations.
2. Refreshment stations every 3 km’s on the route.
3. Runners to obey marshals at all times.
4. No blade, cyclist or mechanically operated device allowed in the race.
5. For safety reasons the use of personal music players during road races is strongly discouraged. Any person using such device in contravention of IAAF Rule 144.2b who fails to obey a reasonable instruction from a race official may be disqualified and shall not be eligible for individual or team prizes.
1. The race is run in accordance with the rules of ASA and WPA.
2. Registered athletes, who must be members of a club affiliated to ASA, to wear their club colours, the race number on the chest and the issued temporary licence number on the back.
3. Minimum age of half marathon competitors on the day of the race 16 years and 15 years for 10km. Proof of age must be produced on request on race day.
4. Athletes should wear race numbers at all times during the race. Temporary licences will be available at registration. Temporary licensed athletes to wear plain clothing with the race number on the chest and the issued temporary licence number on the back.
5. 5.3.5 hour cut-off for 21 km and 2 hour cut-off for 10km.
6. Proof of age for prize winners may be required and to be presented to referees before prize giving. Prizes will be withheld until age is confirmed.
7. In addition to overall (open) prizes, participants will only be eligible for an age category prize in the age category they enter. Corresponding numerical age category tags must be worn on the front and back of their vest. Participants may enter the age category corresponding to their chronological age or any younger category down to senior.
8. Temporary licensed participants are eligible for age category prizes provided they enter the relevant age group, wear the appropriate age tags and provide proof of age.
9. Juniors born in 1996 or later must display category tags “J”.
10. No refunds will be entertained.
11. Prize winners are requested to stay for the prize giving at 11:00.
12. Tog bag facility available at own risk.
13. Fun run participants younger than 10 years must be accompanied by an adult.
The following will be available:
1. Safe parking
2. Food stalls
3. Children’s entertainment area
083 462 4400 / 083 407 7625
All Participants agree to and hereby bind themselves to the following indemnity:
I shall participate in this race at my own risk, indemnify WP Athletics, the organisers and sponsors of this race against any claims that may of the race. result from participation and agree to abide by the rules