Event Date: 17th Sep 2016
Province: Gauteng North
Online Entry Start Date: 05th Aug 2016
Online Entry End Date: 14th Sep 2016
Contact: Bert v.d. Raad
Contact Number: 082-922 6817 (09:00-18:00) / email@example.com
Distance & Entry Fee
Pre Entries (Closing 14 Sep 2016):
21km - R 102,00
10km - R 79,00
5km Fun Run - R 45,00
Start & Finish: At Cnr Veale & Bronkhorst Streets
21 & 10km: 06:00
5km Fun Run: 06:10
Race Day Entries & Online Collection:
17th of September from 4.30am - 6.00am
Free entry for 70+, blind runners & wheel chair athletes on race day only.
Gold Medals: To all category winners in the 21.1km & 10km races
Silver Medals: To the first 100 runners and to the first 20 walkers in the 21.1km & 10km races
Bronze Medals: To the first 3000 finishers in the 21.1/10km & 5km fun run.
Proof of age must be produced if requested by the race referee.
No category tag, no prize money
1. No seconding is allowed.
2. No iPods or listening devices.
3. No blades, cycle or mechanically operated devices allowed on the race.
4. No pets
5. Participants are required to obey the instructions of all traffic officials, race marshals and race referees.
6. Baby strollers welcome on the 5km fun run.
7. Refreshment stations (water & coke) at approximately every 3km.
8. Please do not discard water sachets or coke cups in gardens or drains.
1. The race is run in accordance the rules of ASA and AGN.
2. International athletes must provide a clearance letter from their country of origin and must
abide by the IAAF RULE 4.2.
3. Registered athletes must wear the ASA 2016 license number on the front and the back of
the running vest. The official sponsors race number at the front of the vest.
4. Temporary licensed athletes to wear the required temporary license at the back of the vest.
5. All licensed athletes competing for category prizes must wear numeric category tags clearly
visible on the front and the back of the vest. Proof of age for prize winners will be required.
6. Walkers competing for prize money must wear WALKER/W tags on the front and the back
of their vests and must be clearly visible.
7. Minimum age: 21.1km – 16 years old; 10km - 14 years old.
1. Parking fees: Normal parking fees will be applied. Parking at own risk
2. Tog bag area available
3. Club gazebo’s welcome, but fire extinguishers are mandatory should you use gas braais.
4. Participation at own risk: The organisers accept no responsibility for any loss, damage
5.Medical assistants will be available.
6. Athletes in wheel chairs are welcome in all events.
7. The entry fee is not refundable.
Andrew Greyling was a well-known former athlete and sport shop owner. At the age of 58 his live was tragically ended. Andrew Greyling and Marcel van’t Slot opened Run-A-Way Sport in Lynnwood on 10th March 1994. On 4 December 1994 Marcel was tragically killed while out running. In January 1998, Stein Steinbach became a partner in Run-a-Way Sport and in December 2007 Stein and Werner Steinbach bought Andrew’s shares.
Andrew was a versatile athlete who had received national colours for cross-country running and
excelled at obstacle-racing. He came 3rd in the Two Oceans race in 1980 and on the track, Andrew finished 3rd in 1975 , behind Ewald Bonzet (who set a SA record) He finished 3rd in the 3000 steeplechase at the 1977 SA Championships. In the marathon of 1975 Andrew finished 3rd at the SA Championships. His PB marathon time was 2:18:49
082-922 6817 (09:00-18:00)